The PiBass-240, designed for Wojtek Pilichowski is a Digital bass amp designed to meet the specific needs of one of the worlds most outstanding bass players, Mr Wojtek Pilichowski.
The Amp needed to be small and not cost the earth so it could be accessible to a large number of Wojtek's students in his home country of Poland. The addition of a ground lift to the Di was to eliminate the fear of bad power that can cause all kinds of problems when playing live.
The amp really is tiny weighing in at 1.5 kgs and is small enough to fit in the front pocket of most gig bags.
The way the power is delivered was also a concern for Wojtek and his students as not all could afford to purchase the head along with two cabs to get the full power. We decided to deliver its power into a single 8 ohm load enabling people to buy 1 cab and the PiBass 240 and still get the volume needed. The head is paired perfectly with a number of our cabs but most recently we have been inclined to plug the tiny power house of a head into one of our MiBass 112 cabs.
- Power Output (RMS) 240 Watts
- Speaker Outputs Speakon/Jack
- Frequency Response -3dB at 20Hz and 25kHz
- High Instrument Input Impedance 10K Ohms, Level 300mV to 20V p-p
- Low Instrument Input Impedance - 1M ohms Input range 150mv to 10v p - p
- Line Output Headphone Out
- DI Output 600 Ohms balanced / Level -20dBu nominal With Ground Lift
- Signal to noise Better than 80dB (EQ Flat)
- EQ Bass +/-15dB @ 100Hz Lo Mid +/-15dB @ 220Hz Middle +/-15dB @ 660Hz Hi Mid +/-15dB @ 1.6kHz Treble +/-15dB @ 7kHz shelving Bright
- Distortion Less than 0.5% THD
- Weight (kg) 1.5