iRig™ MIDI is a convenient Core MIDI interface that connects MIDI-equipped instruments and devices to an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad by using the 30-pin connector. You can play virtual instruments on your iOS device from any external MIDI controller – anything from a super-compact portable keyboard to a full 88-note weighted digital piano can now connect to your iOS device with ease. You can also use your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad to control external MIDI devices such as sound modules or even pedal boards or lighting mixers.
For keyboard players iRig MIDI includes also IK's new SampleTank free virtual instrument app, the first professional iOS multi-part sound module tailored for live use. Play worldclass, high-quality sampled instruments with integrated effects from the vast IK sound library right from your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. iRig MIDI and SampleTank are the perfect combination for the performer and composer on the move.
iRig MIDI sports 3 MIDI ports (IN, OUT and THRU) that can be conveniently connected to any devices using the included minijack to MIDI 5' long cables. 2 LED indicators clearly signalize the MIDI activity and an additional USB mini-port allows keeping the device powered during long playing sessions.Features:
- MIDI IN, MIDI OUT and MIDI THRU ports
- Core MIDI compatible
- Connect to the iPhone, iPod touch or iPad via 30-pin connector
- Totally portable, powered from the iOS device while iRig MIDI is in use (5V DV input on standard micro USB socket – cable included)
- 2 x 2.5″ TRS to MIDI cables included (5' long). Additional ones can be purchased from IK Multimedia
- All cables are detachable for convenient handling of the accessory when not in use
- Lightweight solid construction does not stress iOS device connector
- Ultra compact design that fits in your pocket
- Includes Sample Tank free to turn your iOS device into a powerful - MIDI controlled sound module
- Includes iRig Recorder MIDI free app to save and playback simple MIDI recordings.