For non-competitive marching programs requiring less weight from their equipment and an affordable price, the Power-Lite series is the perfect choice. Modeled after the Field-Corp Series, the Power-Lite Series shares may of the high-end specifications and materials crucial to sound and durability.
With their MTP (Maximum Tonal Projection) cut, Power-Lite Series multi-toms provide articulate sound and a focused fundamental—perfect for precise tone projection in competitive marching situations. MTP cut—also found on the Field-Corps Series—ensures optimum balance between the toms. Light weight makes Power-Lite a favorite choice of young percussionists and community bands. Like all Yamaha marching multi-toms, Power-Lite models are made with the exclusive Yamaha Air-Seal System, which ensures that the shells start and stay round so they tune clearer and project a pure, fundamental tone.
- 45º bearing edge allows each drum to speak clearly, creating precise articulation
- 8-ply mahogany and beech shell balances warmth with punch and strength
- Lug casings have reinforced walls and webbing with a zinc die-cast construction to maintain structural integrity during play and transport
- 5.4mm steel tension rods allow easy, consistent tuning without adding unnecessary weight. A steel-nylon-steel set of washers is included for minimal friction while tuning under high tension
- 1.6 mm. triple flange steel rims give tuning flexibility and enhance the low-end partials
- Multi-toms are available in multiple configurations, including small and large trios and quads