All of the materials used and the quality of craftsmanship which was utilized to build the Meinl Artisan Edition Cajons are unparalleled and emphasize once more Meinl’s worldwide leading position in cajon manufacturing.
All of these fine cajons are hand made in Spain with uncompromising craftsmanship for the most discerning of players. The Meinl Artisan Edition Cajons are the finest sounding cajons available on the market today.
Three different lines are available: Soleá, Bulería, and Siguiriya; all of them have a very warm and harmonic overall sound character combined with a sensitive snare response even when played at low volumes. The mids and a fundamental low end are nicely present in their overall frequency spectrum. The Seguiriya line of cajons in particular have a massive and projecting bass tone due to the extra sound port ring. All three lines also feature a satin finish, specially formulated rubber feet and a distinguished heat branding design.
- 16 adjustable, vertical strings
- Ergonomically curved and rounded frontplate with concave contact
- Specially formulated rubber feet
- Extra sound port ring for compression
- Decorative wood inlay
- Distinguished heat branding
- Frontplate: Canyon-Burl
- Resonating body: 11 layer Birch Wood (Betula pendula)