The Dreamscape from TC Electronic is a stompbox style multi-effects pedal offering chorus, flanger and vibrato effects designed by virtuoso guitarist John Petrucci of the progressive metal band Dream Theater. The pedal also includes a customizable "TonePrint" setting that can be loaded with different signature tones designed byother well known artists such as Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian.
Each of the three Petrucci designed modulation effects have 2 different modes, one mode for use with clean guitar sounds and one mode for use with crunch guitar sounds. The effects can be customized using the pedal's Speed, Depth and FX Level knobs. The bright/normal/dark selector allows you to change the intensity of the selected effect, bright being the highest intensity.
The Dreamscape's TonePrint feature comes loaded with a flanger effect, but this can be swapped out with other tones that can be downloaded free from the TC Electronic website. The TonePrints can be transferred tothe pedal via the USB port which connects to your Mac or Windows computer.
The Dreamscape also uses true bypass operation to ensure that yourtone's integrity is preserved when the pedal is disengaged. One-screw battery access allows quick battery swapping during gigs. For use in your amp's FX loop, the Kill-Dry feature mutes your guitar's clean signal and only allows the wet signal to be output. This allows you to blend a completely wet effect signal with your guitar's input signal. There is also stereo I/O for running after a stereo effect and/or connecting to multiple output sources.
- Three modulation effects with two types each created by virtuoso guitarist John Petrucci of Dream Theater
- One changeable TonePrint setting that allows you to use additional tones that can be downloaded from the TC Electronic website and transferred to your pedal via the USB port
- Four adjustable parameter knobs: Speed, Depth, FX Level and one effect selector
- Bright/normal/dark selector allows you to change the intensity of the selected effect, bright being the highest intensity
- True bypass operation ensures transparent signal when the pedal is disengaged
- Easy one-screw battery access for quickly swapping out a battery while on stage
- Kill-Dry feature optimizes the pedal for use with your amp's FX loop by allowing you to blend a completely wet effect signal with your guitar's input signal
- Stereo I/O for running Dreamscape after another stereo effect and/or connecting to multiple channels or amplifer