Gretsch drums were born in Brooklyn, New York in 1883. They were proudly crafted in the vibrant city for the better part of the 20th Century. Brooklyn and Gretsch share an inseparable history that is part of American music history and folklore. It is a shared legacy that cannot be duplicated. Today, Brooklyn represents a renaissance community that vibrates with contemporary artistic expression, youthful innovation and passionate musical commitment. Gretsch Brooklyn series celebrates the rejuvenated Brooklyn city passion and spirit and expands on its distinctive shared American experience.
Proudly hand crafted in Ridgeland, South Carolina, USA, by a team of veteran drum builders, Gretsch Brooklyn has a sound that is at once recognizable and essential, yet distinctively reinvented. The Gretsch drum design team molded the Brooklyn series by combining classic Gretsch elements while infusing it with new attributes. They expanded upon traditional drum designs to shape a sound that retains fundamental Gretsch characteristics while projecting a fresh voice.
- Brooklyn shells are Gretsch formula 6-ply maple/poplar shell. All shells are straight-sided with 30-degree bearing edges and Gretsch Silver Sealer interiors.
- Gretsch "302" hoops are 3mm thick, double-flanged metal hoops. Their design is inspired by classic Gretsch hoops from the early 1950's. The 302 hoops produce a slightly more open and ambient sound than traditional die-cast Gretsch hoops.
- The Brooklyn Round Badge has a black/pewter color scheme with classic embossed Gretsch design.
- Gretsch Permatone by Remo® USA heads come standard on all Brooklyn drums. Toms come standard with coated single-ply batter with clear single-ply resonant heads. BD's come standard with clear Powerstroke batter and coated single-ply resonant heads.
- Brooklyn drums are equipped with standard USA Custom lugs, brackets, GTS systems, spurs, FT legs.
- Satin finished kits include satin natural maple hoops. Nitron finished kits include satin black hoops with matching Nitron inlay.