Featuring a bell shape and barrel design similar to that of the V Series, the YCL-450NM offers a surprisingly 'professional' sound with an easy response. The new bell design gives improved intonation and projection, especially in the all-important lower register, while the new barrel enhances the 450's response, flexibility and tonal focus.Patented Duet+ technology provides the added benefit of durability to this clarinet. The ABS resin injection-molded upper joint inner bore significantly diminishes the likelihood of cracking. From the band room to the marching field, the YCL-450NM intermediate clarinet provides the optimal combination of durability and tone quality for student musicians.Using patented technology, the injection-molded inner bore is designed to resist cracking while also stabilizing the bore, which adds consistency and durability. The upper joint body is drilled out slightly larger around the bore and tone-holes. Thermoplastic ABS resin is injected into the cavity, instantly forming the inner shape of a clarinet. It is designed to preserve as much as 90% of the wooden portion as possible.
- Yamaha's New Intermediate Bb Clarinet w/ Patented Duet+ Technology Provides Added Benefit of Durability -- Designed to Resist Cracking
- Intermediate Bb Clarinet -- Grenadilla Barrel & Bell -- Upper Joint w/ Injection Molded Inner Bore
- Bell & Barrel are Vertically Integrated from the Popular Yamaha V-Series Models
- Nickel Plated Keys & Bell Ring -- Undercut Tone Holes -- Power Forged Keys & Blue Steel Springs
- Includes Yamaha CLC-180 Case & Yamaha 4C Mouthpiece