We’ve heard it said before that all delay pedals sound the same. “Surely they just make an echo don’t they, they just copy what has just happened, don’t they?”
Well, theoretically, they do. But, if you take a few of them, and then listen to each one properly, you will quickly see that some sound cold, some sound dirty, some sound warm, others sound... well... you know.
So, if you wanted a delay pedal, just a normal one (not one that does everything yet in reality, nothing that actually sounds good), what do you want? You want a an accurate replication of your tone, one that you can sparkle up if you want, or maybe cool down to give an older analog sounding warmth. You want enough delay time to give you loads of echo, yet you want it sharp enough to give you a fast, accurate slap back. Basically, you want something that you can use and lets you still sound great.
Enter the Wampler Pedals Faux AnalogEcho. Quite possible, the best sounding delay pedal available today. Just ask Brad Paisley. Or James Burton, Oli Brown or maybe Brent Mason. People who know a good pedal when they hear one.
The Faux AnalogEcho is based around the industry leading pt2399 chip. The industry standard for delay pedals. We treat the signal path in such a way that the dry path and the core signal are completely unaltered, we only use the chip to make a digital replication. With this, the sound remains exactly as you want it. No coloration. With the addition of a tone knob, you can incorporate a little sparkle for digital crispness, or take it all the way out for the most amazing analog warmth. Features:
- Hand made in the U.S.A.
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss) Please note: Battery not provided. Mains power receommended.
- Power draw: 29mA
- Sparkle Fire orange in color, white knobs/graphics
- 4 controls - echo level, repeats, tone, and delay time
- Does NOT mess with your basic guitar tone like so many other delay pedals
- Analog warmth/tape echo tones
- About 600ms of delay time available
- 2.5" x 4.5" (63.5mm x 114.3mm)