Modular valve section for Bach Artisan series trombones. The "Infinity" valve is Bach's proprietary design of the "Thayer" axial flow valve. Conical shaped, and rotating about its axis, the valve provides a straight-through air path with no resistance whatsoever. Axial Flow valves make the horn especially open and free-blowing, allow the F attachment notes to match the open horn in both tone and feel, and make for a fuller low register. Bach's Infinity axial flow valve is unique in that it employs an upper and lower roller bearing assembly to support the valve core. These bearings are similar to those used in precision machine and automotive applications. They support and align the valve core which eliminates surface wear and allows for an air-tight seal, two issues that have been problematic in the axial flow valve design since it first appeared in the 1980's.
Summary features include:
- Infinity axial flow valve.
- Upper & lower roller bearing assemblies for effortless rotation and a tight seal.
- Open wrap F attachment tubing.
- 0.562" bore.
- Advanced branch tooling that eliminates one traditional solder connection.
- Patented adjustable lever system.
- Miniball linkage for silent, precise action.
- Grenadilla wood paddle for comfort.