The Talons is an ultra flexible dirt machine that can go from clean to crunch and everything in between with a swift turn of the gain control. Add to that a powerful active 3 band equalization sector and some top end contour via the presence control and you’ve got one versatile little buddy at your disposal. Unlike all our other overdrives, the Talons was not designed to emulate any specific sound or era. It can be glassy and open, scooped and chunky, gritty and wild, light and airy, drunk and unhinged… it will not disappoint you.
True Bypass and Handmade with sweet loving care in Akron, Ohio.Measures
4 5/8″ x 2 1/2″ x 2.25″ with knobsPower
A standard 9-18 volt DC power supply intended for musical instruments with a negative center 2.1mm barrel. 18v will yield higher headroom with a slightly brighter, stronger tone and more volume. We strongly recommend a high quality power supply with isolated outputs and good filtering to avoid unwanted noise. Will also run off a 9v battery for you olde tymee types.
- Treble: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Middle: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Bass: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Presence: Adjusts the top end and upper mids to control the amount of “sizzle” in the dirt. Turn clockwise for a brighter tone, counter clockwise to mellow it out.
- Gain: Preamp volume control. Controls the amount of dirt available, from clean to heavy crunch.
- Level: Master volume control. There is a lot of level on tap, please adjust accordingly.