Players continue to praise the Pawn Shop Series for evoking the more eccentric Fender creations of the mid-'60s to mid-'70s while delivering thoroughly modern sound and quality with a wealth of various Fender elements. New for 2013, the Pawn Shop Series introduces yet another pleasingly unconventional assortment of "guitars that never were but should have been," in which new models take the stage and long-vanished classics return in modern form.
With its racing stripe (305 and 309) and short scale (30"), the new Pawn Shop Mustang Bass authentically evokes the original "competition" Mustang Bass of the early 1970s. This time, though, you get the huge bass sound of a single humbucking pickup (the original had a single-coil pickup) and several classic Fender finish options.
Other features include an alder body, "C"-shaped maple neck, 9.5"-radius rosewood fingerboard with 19 medium jumbo frets, four-ply white pearloid pickguard, two Jazz Bass control knobs (volume, tone) and a string - through-body bridge with four adjustable saddles. Available in 3-color Sunburst, Candy Apple Red with Olympic White stripe and Olympic White with Lake Placid Blue stripe.
- Series: Pawn Shop
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Finish: Urethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5" (24.1 cm) Radius
- Frets: 19, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 30" (76.2 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Pickups: Fender®-Designed Humbucking (Middle)
- Pickup Configuration: H
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Jazz Bass®
- Bridge: String -Through-Body with 4 Individually Adjustable Saddles
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 4-Ply White Pearloid
- Strings: Fender® 5250XL NPS, (.040-.095 Gauges)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Other Features: White Position Dot Inlays, Lower Mounted Finger Rest, Lake Placid Blue Racing Stripe (305), Olympic White Racing Stripe (309)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag