No other Snare drum has changed the face of marching competition like the FFX Championship Series. Used by today's top DCI corps, these drums have won more than their share of High Percussion Awards. The combination of 6 plies of 100% Maple free-floating in a super lightweight aircraft aluminum frame creates a force to be reckoned with.
The Championship Maple Snare shell’s natural balance of mid to high frequencies brings the FFX the voice that set the industry standard and changed the face of corps competition. Pearl’s Superior Shell Technology is used to make a 6-ply, free floating shell out of maple, the drum industry’s premium for dynamic range, sensitivity, and unsurpassed projection. Because of the maple shell’s strength and reliability, your corps or band can compete in all climate conditions.
The FFX Aluminum Frame supports an aluminum alloy edge ring, providing you with a top bearing edge that can take all of the pressure necessary for today’s high tension heads. 2-ply reinforcement rings and a 45 degree bottom bearing edge provide shell stability and shape integrity while focusing the drum’s maximum sensitivity and volume.
- Totally Free floating lugs, mounting bracket, and strainer: Unrestricted resonance and optimum projection
- 100% Maple shell
- Aluminum alloy edge ring and rims: Designed to easily withstand today's super high tensioning.
- 6 acoustically located air vents: Enhanced volume, snare sensitivity, and relieve drum pressure for unparalleled stick response
- FFX-1311 at 14.0 pounds and FFX-1412 at 16.9 pound: Makes these drums suitable for all ages and sizes
- 3 year warranty on shell. The best in the industry