Infused with the spirit of Dexter Gordon, the GAIA was built to outplay Theo's very best Florida Otto Link. Theo succeeded in spades! It is not just a simple copy of a vintage mouthpiece. Theo has taken his extensive experience working with vintage mouthpieces and made the type of same sound, just better!
The GAIA tends towards a traditional Jazz taste, but is quite versatile like the AMMA. The GAIA has a medium roll-over baffle, precision-sculpted inner sidewalls, and our True Large Chamber for a simply huge and alive vintage sound.
The GAIAs True Large Chamber is very much like the vintage mouthpieces of the 1940s but technically superior due to our patent-pending machining technology. Take a look at our baffles, tip rails, side rails, and interior design. We show you pictures of these for a reason. Because they are manufactured with and accuracy higher than any other mouthpiece, vintage or new! The GAIA is truly revolutionary in bringing the vintage sound up to date both in design and construction.
- Built to outplay Theo's very best Vintage Otto Link. Theo succeeded!
- Inspired by the Genius of Dexter Gordon.
- Full, rich and fat traditional Sound with a hint of edge
- Medium Roll-Over Baffle combined with our precision crafted True Large Chamber.
- Complex interior design like a vintage mouthpiece, but fully machined incredible accuracy.
- Revolutionary in bringing the vintage sound up to date both in design and construction.
- Revolutionary True Large Chambers - Huge!
- Patented, state-of-the-art, interior design with rounded inner side walls.
- Finish: Reticulated 24K Gold (standard) and Vintified (special order).
- Serial Number: Includes specific run and individual mouthpiece number.
- Ligature: Includes our patented integrated two-point contact Liberty Ligature and a precision hex-driver.
- Pressure Plates: Includes both Alive Gold and Heavy Copper pressure plates and a precision screwdriver.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User replaceable bite pads with varying hardness.