If you’re new to the world of acoustic guitar and would like to explore an extra dimension in sound, creativity, and convenience, the new MOBILE AC is your perfect amp. Optimized for acoustic guitar and designed to travel, the MOBILE AC delivers big sound in a package that can easily fit into a backpack. The amp can be used for up to 15 hours at a time via battery power, so you can take it anywhere. Simply plug in your acoustic guitar, turn up the volume, and enjoy clean, clear, and surprisingly powerful, spacious stereo sound from a compact amp. You can also add deep stereo chorus or lush reverb effects, and you can incorporate a portable media player and microphone for sing-along fun. Strum your guitar and sing, play along with backing tracks, and enjoy the MOBILE AC at home or outdoors. It’s also a handy personal monitor for use on stage, with a big sound that defies its small size.Rich Stereo Sound
The MOBILE AC is small, but its two 4-inch speakers produce a surprisingly large and lush stereo sound. Activate the built-in stereo chorus — an effect that Roland is famous for — and immerse your guitar in a pool of thick, swirling sound. There’s also onboard reverb with a dedicated control knob, as well as a “Wide” effect for adding spaciousness to the sound. For the final polish, turn the TONE knob clockwise for a brighter tone, or counterclockwise for a milder sound.Travel Friendly
Small enough to fit in a backpack and light enough for a child to carry, the MOBILE AC is ready to travel. Take it anywhere you go — to a friend’s house for a jam session, to a small outdoor gathering such as a camping trip, or on stage for use as a personal monitor. It can run for 15 hours at a time on six AA alkaline batteries, so you can perform in any location, indoors or out. An optional AC adapter is available should you prefer to plug it in. A handy carrying strap is included, and an optional carrying case is also available.Strum, Sing, and Jam Along
Strap on your guitar, invite a friend, and grab a microphone — the MOBILE AC has inputs for guitar and mic with independent volume controls for each, and you can even add lush reverb and “Wide” effects to the instrument and voice for a polished, professional sound. There’s also a third input (with dedicated volume control) for connecting a portable media player such as an iPod, giving you an easy way to add backing tracks to your performances.
The MOBILE AC in Action!
This amp was born to travel — where will you take your music?
- At Home…Connect a portable media player to the MOBILE AC’s Audio input and jam along with your favorite MP3s; you can control the volume of your guitar and the external audio independently for the perfect blend. You can also perform duets with a singer by connecting a microphone to the MOBILE AC’s Mic input, with independent volume control of the guitar and mic. There are no additional mixers, amps, speakers, or cables to hassle with; with the MOBILE AC, everything’s combined in a single self-contained package.
- On the Street…Need a bit more volume when performing outdoors with your acoustic guitar? Take the MOBILE AC out with you. And if you sing, simply connect a microphone to the MOBILE AC’s Mic input. You can even plug in a music player and play along with backing tracks. With independent volume knobs for each input, you can dial up the perfect mix instantly.
- In Small Clubs…If you perform at cafes or small clubs, the MOBILE AC is a convenient and great-sounding portable sound system. Its size is small, but the stereo sound it produces is surprisingly large and lush. Add Roland’s famous stereo chorus to your guitar and rich reverb to the entire mix for a pro sound that your audience will love.
- On Mid-Size Stages…Stepping up to larger venues? If so, the MOBILE AC makes a great dedicated personal guitar monitor on stage. Use a DI box (such as the BOSS DI-1) to send your acoustic guitar signal to the house mixer, and use the parallel output of your DI box to connect to your MOBILE AC on stage. In addition, the MOBILE AC can be mounted on a microphone stand for the perfect height. Adjust your personal guitar volume just how you like it and enjoy crystal-clear sound while performing.
- Five-watt (2.5+2.5) stereo amplifier for acoustic guitar
- Simple, intuitive controls
- 15 hours of use with six AA alkaline batteries
- Microphone input for singing
- Audio inputs for playing along with portable media players
- Three-channel mixer with individual volume controls for microphone, guitar, and audio input
- Chorus, Reverb, and Wide effects to add depth to your sound