The Kronos music workstation was unveiled in 2011 to critical acclaim, and the raves of players around the world asking "what can possibly follow this?!" In the year since its inception, KORG has continued to release system updates and additional Kronos Sound Libraries, bringing the Kronos to an even higher level of performance.
The Kronos continues its evolution with the new Kronos X Music Workstation. With a boost to the internal memory and SSD size, the Kronos X is the ultimate workstation. Fittingly, its new name adds an "X" to indicate its expanded, and truly limitless potential.LIVE – for the performing keyboard player
Kronos X provides the absolute finest in keyboard sounds; accurate and responsive to the player's technique. The expansive control surface offers joysticks, sliders, knobs, switches, a ribbon controller, assignable pedal inputs, and of course our high-resolution color TouchView™ display. Performance-oriented additions include our easy-to-use Set List mode for song-specific and gig-ready sound selection, and our Smooth Sound Transition feature. Plus, we’ve included our finest RH3 keybed on both the 73 and 88 key models for a solid performance; the 61 key enjoys the responsive action shared with the Korg M3-61.PRODUCTION – satisfying the producer, music director, and musician
For many, the studio is where the work gets done; from laying down tracks, to building up grooves for an on-stage extravaganza, to delivering the soundtrack for today’s media rich world. For these creative leaders, Korg has equipped the Kronos X Music Workstation’s sequencer with 16-track MIDI tracks plus 16 audio tracks, our Open Sampling System, dazzling hi-fidelity effects, as well as flawless plug-in integration with many popular DAW platforms. Of course, Kronos X is equipped with phenomenal sound, dynamic drums, and an impressive array of premium sound effects. Add to that the ability to use KARMA, the Drum Track, and the sequencer’s RPPR to greatly speed up and enrich the music creation process.SYNTHESIS – simple, intuitive programming for the enthusiast and sound designer
In addition to being Korg’ premier workstation, Kronos X has it in its blood to satisfy the programmer, sound designer, and synthesizer enthusiast; the musician who dreams of turning visions of the cosmos into sound, of tweaking parameters to conjure invisible sounds from the ether. Kronos X rekindles KORG’s founding dream that is at the core of synthesis: the exhilaration and enjoyment of creating new sounds, sounds never before heard! A variety of exclusive Korg technologies drive the synth engines to provide astounding results – CMT (Component Modeling Technology); Physical Modeling, Digital Synthesis, Wave Sequencing, MDS (Multi-Dimensional Synthesis); KARMA® and more! Features:
- Peerless synthesizer containing nine sound engines, such as realistic piano, richly expressive electric piano, tonewheel organ, digital synthesis, and powerful analog/physical modeling.
- Approximately 2GB of available PCM RAM allows more sample data to be loaded at once.
- Doubled SSD capacity of 62 GB allows support for gigantic sound library expansions, such as the Kronos Sound Libraries and the KARO Sound Libraries.
- User Sample Bank feature allows users to create extremely large sample libraries that take advantage of the generous PCM RAM and SSD capacity.
- Numerous artist signature sounds created by top musicians are included, letting you make the sounds of classic songs your very own.
- 16-part Combis allow all engines to function together in perfect harmony;
- Dynamic Voice Allocation keeps the polyphony high.
- Use up to 16 premium-quality effects at once; individual effects rival dedicated units
- 12 Insert effects
- 2 Master effects
- 2 Total effects
- On-board sequencer offers 16 MIDI tracks + 16 audio tracks (24-bit, 48kHz recording quality)
- Open Sampling System – Instant sampling and resampling from any mode:
- Program, Combination or Sequencer.
- Sophisticated KARMA® technology generates infinitely variable performance-driven phrases, musical effects, and backing tracks to catalyze your creativity
- Expanded Drum Track for play-along grooves and inspiration
- Set List mode: Organize the Programs, Combis, and Songs you need to perform your set in a single, easy-to-select screen – including performance notes!
- Smooth Sound Transition: This often-requested feature allows held or sustained notes to keep sounding when changing sounds or modes.
- Direct support for playing drums and chords from Korg pad-equipped USB controllers, including the nanoPAD, nanoPAD2, padKONTROL; general support for all class-compliant USB controllers, including the Korg nano series and microKEY series
- Support for the Kronos Editor and Plug-in Editor software
- USB Ethernet adapter compatibility enables high-speed data communication between the Kronos X and your computer.
- Available with 61, 73 or 88 keys - 73 and 88 key models feature Korg’s finest RH3 Graded Hammer Action.
- Comprehensive interface, based around a large 8” TFT TouchView™ display