Part of the new line of “Neo” brass instruments, the YEP-642II is equally at home in solo or ensemble settings and allows for the most subtly nuanced dynamics and tonal inflections. The YEP-642II is available in lacquer or silver-plated (YEP-642SII) finishes.Features:
- Developed with Top Artists - The development of the "Neo" line of brass band instruments utilizes some of the top talent in the world. The new YEP-642II was designed with input from renowned euphonium teacher Bill Millar and acclaimed soloist Steven Walsh.
- Compensating System - The compensating system found on the YEP-642 ensures accurate tuning on all notes throughout the instrument's range, particularly in the difficult low range.
- Hand-lapped Valves and Slides - Hand-lapping valves and slides ensures an absolutely perfect fit and seal between the valve pistons and casing or slide parts. Such a perfect fit helps to achieve smooth air flow and smooth action and improve the response and intonation of the instrument.
- Monel Pistons - Monel pistons are resistant to corrosion and are an ideal choice for professional baritone pistons which must retain precise fit and smooth action over many years.
- Multiple Finish Options - The YEP-642II euphonium is available with a silver-plated finish (YEP-642SII).
- Level: Professional Euphonium
- Key of Bb / F
- System: Compensating
- Bore: 0.591-0.661" dual bore
- Bell: Diameter 11 4/5"
- Leadpipe Material: Gold brass
- Body/Bell Material: Yellow brass
- Finish: Clear epoxy lacquer; Silver-plating (YEP-642SII)
- Mouthpiece: L51
- Pistons: (3) Monel, top action (1) Monel, side action
- Valve casing: Yellow brass
- Features Large shank mouthpiece receiver