Focusrite’s ISA Two offers a totally independent pair of legendary ISA microphone preamps inspired by Rupert Neve’s original ISA 110 module design, combining the best of traditional solid-state electronics with the original input transformer – the Lundahl LL1538. Two is a nice round number – ideal for recording, say, a vocal and an instrument, or a stereo piano. But though you may only need two mic pres, you owe it to your craft to choose the best.
- Lundahl LL1538 mic input transformer - Rupert Neve originally chose the Lundahl LL1538 to be the input transformer on the ISA 110. It remains the best microphone input transformer available, and is used in every ISA Series mic pre.
- Up to 80 dB of gain - ISA Two offers up to 80 dB of clean, distortion-free gain. The much-heralded ISA topology also ensures low noise, even at the highest gain levels. The transformer supplies 20 dB of gain, while ISA's input stage offers up to 60 dB in addition, giving a total of up to 80 dB of maximum gain on the microphone input.
- Variable input impedance - Four choices of input impedance, including the original ISA 100 value, allow you to match the preamp to your microphone, even if it's a vintage type, giving you the best possible sound. The impedance is selected using a switch on the front panel, and the impedance choice is remembered even once the unit is switched off and back on.
- User-calibrated metering - Each channel has an eight-LED array to clearly display the level of your two signals. Line up your ISA Two levels to match your DAW converters with the calibration knob on the rear panel.
- Front panel instrument and rear panel line inputs - Two 1/4in. jack sockets on the front panel of ISA Two give you instant access to a transparent DI input. TRS line inputs are available on the rear panel too, and you can step through them instantly to select the one you want.
- Variable cut-off high-pass filter - Built in, and easily accessed with its own large knob and illuminated button, is an extremely smooth sounding 18dB/octave high-pass filter of the same design as the original ISA 110 module. This is ideal for cutting out rumble, thumps and other unwanted low-frequency sounds and with a range of 16 to 420 Hz, it's easy to lose what you don't want, and keep what you do.
- Rear panel balanced inserts - Each channel of ISA Two has its own balanced insert point. With 1/4in. TRS send and receive connections, your choice of signal processor can be connected and switched in and out using the illuminated switch on the front panel.