Steve Vai is one of the revered few on that short list of payers who have changed the way we all think about what a guitar can really do. His signature Ibanez guitars are no different: Iconic, Sublime, Awe-Inspiring, Outrageous. The Ibanez JEM/UV Series models are designed to break boundaries.
Matched color Tree-Of-Life inlay.
One of JEM's most recognizable features: Steve Vai's signature monkey grip. Crank your amp up, grab that baby and hold on for dear life.
Smooth, fast & comfortable, the JEM Maple/Walnut Premium neck.
JEM70V features DiMarzio® Evolution® pickups. This pickup conbination features wide sound varieties for modern music.
Acclaimed Edge tremolo features knife-edge-like pivot surfaces for virtually friction free operation. The low-profile design of the Edge tremolo includes fine tuners conveniently angled back to prevent right hand touches. The Edge bridge features a stud lock in both studs for maximum tuning stability. Features:
- Proudly made in Japan since their debut in 1987
- Contoured body with 24-fret JEM neck provides easy access to all registers
- Vai’s choice of specific DiMarzio pickups on models combined with Ibanez Split-5 wiring provide incredible tonal versatility
- Lion's Claw tremolo cavity allows pitches to be radically raised or lowered
- Steve Vai’s Japanese-made U777 Universe – the iconic solid-body seven-string – allows easy transition from 6- to 7-string techniques
- Neck Material: 5pc Maple/ Walnut
- Neck Type: JEM Premium
- Body: Basswood body
- Frets: Jumbo frets
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Floral Pattern Vine inlay
- Bridge: Edge bridge
- NeckPU: DiMarzio® Evolution® DP158
- MiddlePU: DiMarzio® Evolution® DPS1
- BridgePU: DiMarzio® Evolution® DP159
- HW Color: CH
- Finish: Sea Foam Green