After years of experience with enclosure design, it was logical for Yorkville to apply its knowledge to the design of a range of speaker cabinets that have been specifically designed for installation purposes. The knowledge that we gained while developing the TX, élite, Pulse and Performance series enclosures was applied to yield a series of practical yet cost effective installation enclosures. The combination of custom designed woofers and compression drivers mounted on Yorkville's exclusive ABS horns, and less complex crossover networks has proven to be an excellent compromise between performance and price.
All Canadian-made Coliseum series enclosures are constructed of highly rigid 15mm (.59") Baltic Birch plywood. Although the standard, rugged white epoxy finish is clean and attractive, all Coliseum series enclosures are also available by special order in Black Ultrathane paint (significant delivery times may apply). Their trapezoidal shape is conducive to array mounting and minimizes lobing difficulties. Flypoints are steel reinforced and engineered to allow easy, flexible and safe enclosure suspension.
All enclosures and grilles can be easily refinished. Painstaking attention to design details is evident by features such as the safety screw hidden under the embossed Yorkville logo, which ensures that the grille does not inadvertently come loose.
The C2891 is the lowest profile cabinet in the Coliseum line. This 2 x 8-inch / 1-inch horn, 200 watt loudspeaker is designed as the ultimate box for installations where sight lines might be an issue. By design, the C2891 can be flown vertically or horizontally with a rotatable 90° x 30° horn allowing high frequency dispersion to be tailored to suit cabinet orientation and placement.
The C2891 is available in either a white painted finish (C2891W) or black finish (C2891B) for easy integration into virtually installation. Integrated flypoints as well as Omnimount™ points ensure easy installation and rigging.
- System Type: Two-Way
- Active or Passive: Passive
- Program Power (Watts): 200
- Nominal Impedance (Ohms): 8
- Sensitivity (dB @1Watt/1m): 97
- Max SPL (dB): 120
- Frequency Response (Hz +/- 3db): 65 - 16k
- Crossover Frequency (Hz): 2500
- Driver Configuration: 2 x 8 inch / 1 inch
- HF Driver(s): 1 inch Mylar
- HF Horn: Rotatable ABS Waveguide
- HF Dispersion (°H x °V): 90 x 30 Rotatable
- HF Protection: CTL
- LF Driver(s): 2 x 8 inch
- Inputs - 1/4" Jacks: 2
- Inputs - Binding Post: 1 pair
- Flying Hardware: 3/8 inch x 9 / Omnimount Points on back
- Enclosure Materials: 15mm (5/8inch) 11-ply Russian birch
- Grille: Perforated Metal
- Dimensions (DWH xbackW, inches): 15 x 12 x 29 x 6
- Dimensions (DWH xbackW, cm): 32 x 35 x 41 x 15
- Weight (lbs/kg): 42.8 / 19.4