Steve Vai is one of the revered few on that short list of payers who have changed the way we all think about what a guitar can really do. His signature Ibanez guitars are no different: Iconic, Sublime, Awe-Inspiring, Outrageous. The Ibanez JEM/UV Series models are designed to break boundaries.
The Tree of Life inlay is a signature feature of the JEM's storied past.
The JEM's groundbreaking Lion's Claw tremolo cavity allows pitches to be radically raised or lowered without obstruction.
One of the most recognizable features on the fantastic JEM7V: Steve Vai's signature monkey grip. Crank your amp up, grab that baby and hold on for dear life.
Steve Vai's Signature JEM7V features DiMarzio® Evolution® humbuckers in the bridge and neck positions and a DiMarzio® Evolution® single coil in the middle position for a wide array of rock tones.
Acclaimed Edge tremolo features knife-edge-like pivot surfaces for virtually friction free operation. The low-profile design of the Edge tremolo includes fine tuners conveniently angled back to prevent right hand touches. The Edge bridge features a stud lock in both studs for maximum tuning stability.
- Proudly made in Japan since their debut in 1987
- Contoured body with 24-fret JEM neck provides easy access to all registers
- Vai’s choice of specific DiMarzio pickups on models combined with Ibanez Split-5 wiring provide incredible tonal versatility
- Lion's Claw tremolo cavity allows pitches to be radically raised or lowered
- Steve Vai’s Japanese-made U777 Universe – the iconic solid-body seven-string – allows easy transition from 6- to 7-string techniques
- Neck Material: 5pc Maple/ Walnut
- Neck Type: JEM Prestige
- Body: Alder body
- Frets: 6105 frets
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Pearl/ Abalone Vine inlay
- Bridge: Edge bridge
- NeckPU: DiMarzio® Evolution® DP158
- MiddlePU: DiMarzio® Evolution® DPS1
- BridgePU: DiMarzio® Evolution® DP159
- HW Color: GD
- Finish: White