With the Custom Valve 40 already getting rave reviews in the all-tube combo amp market, Traynor has responded to the demand by expanding the Custom Valve guitar amp line with the addition of the 2x12" Celestion loaded combo Custom Valve 80 (YCV80).
Designed and manufactured by Yorkville Sound, the new amplifiers offer more power and new, exciting features while maintaining the reliability and value Traynor users expect.
Two new tone-shaping controls give players unprecedented tonal variety for nearly any vintage tube tone. A 'Scoop' switch on the lead channel adds body for much heavier leads while the 'Expander' switch equalizes certain frequencies on the clean channel to create crystal clear new rhythm sounds - often simulating an acoustic-like tone from an electric guitar.
Traynor's new DynaSound direct output makes the amp sound much more like a mic'd cabinet for recording. DynaSound speaker simulation is on both the XLR direct line output and the stereo headphone for a more authentic headphone tone. A speaker defeat switch is provided for silent practice or silent direct recording.
A parallel effects loop with separate input and output trim pots for better overall effects control and a series effects loop (or loop through) between the tube pre-amp and tube power stage give the performer more flexibility over the signal path than found on other amplifiers.
The Custom Valve 80 is vintage Traynor with black vinyl covering and chrome-plated corners, all plywood construction, and a classic front-mounted Traynor logo. The rear mounted control panel is easy to access, yet recessed for protection.
Traynor YCV80 Guitar Amplifier Features:
- All tube construction with 4 x 5881, 3 x 12AX7A tubes
- Dual 12" Celestion 70/80 speakers
- Separate tone controls for clean and drive channels
- 'Scoop' switch on lead channel for heavy 'boutique amp' lead sound
- 'Expander' switch on rhythm channel for unique variations of clean tone
- DynaSound speakers compensated XLR direct output
- DynaSound compensated headphone output
- Parallel effects loop with trim controls on input and output
- Internal Speaker defeat switch for silent practice or direct recording
- DC powered filament supply on preamp tubes for reduced hum
- Autobalancing bias supply means no need for matched pairs of output tubes or bias adjustments
- Long Accutronics reverb springs for authentic vintage sound
- Fully regulated power supply for ultra low noise
- Conservatively driven output for extended tube life
- Additional 'loop-through' serial effects loop
- 80 great big loud tube watts... not the little tiny solid state ones.