The first guitar amp for the new generation of Traynors is the Custom Valve 40 (YCV40). Real tube overdrive is provided by three 12AX7WA dual triode preamp tubes while real tube power is provided by two 5881WXT beam power tubes. The internal gadgetry in this channel switching amp provides good flexibility, but makes it very easy to get a great tone. The combination of the tube power and the Celestion Red Label speaker is magical. The three basic tones (clean, crunch and overdrive) are easily defined. With great tone at low levels, and shine and punch at full tilt, the Custom Valve 40 is already receiving rave reviews.
Although signal-to-noise is not normally a specification that is discussed where guitar amplifiers are concerned, the ultra-quiet Custom Valve 40 makes it an issue. Experienced professional users will appreciate the auto-matching tube circuit that maintains bias balance as tubes age ensuring hum free performance. Also, the DC filaments on the preamp tubes that all but eliminate hum. Listen carefully. Although the YCV40 has a tremendous amount of gain it remains virtually hum free.
Traynor YCV40 Guitar Amplifier Features:
- Auto-matching tube circuit maintains bias balance as tubes age ensuring hum free performance throughout tube life.
- DC filaments on preamp tubes eliminate hum.
- Fully regulated power supply with tube rectifier emulation.
- Long Accutronics spring reverb.
- Classic Celestion speaker.
- All plywood enclosure.
- Heavy gauge perforated grille with cloth cover.
- Custom design "Chicken Beak" knobs.