Crown's XLS 1500 is a premiere, portable power amplifier with unmatched performance, technology and affordability. Its advantageous flexibility includes multiple inputs so you can plug in anything and play anywhere, along with several system setup configurations. This high-performance power amp provides enormous power and flexibility thanks to the integrated DriveCore Technology, PureBand Crossover System and Peakx limiters. Weighing less than 11 pounds, the Crown XLS1500 power amp is much easier to set up and move from show to show.
Class D amplifiers are notable for extraordinarily high efficiency and being well suited for driving difficult reactive loads such as subwoofers. However, their performance can suffer impaired performance on marginal and unstable AC line supplies. To overcome this obstacle, Crown engineers developed DriveCore Technology—a proprietary hybrid analog-digital integrated circuit (IC) developed with Texas Instruments that drives the "front end" of the Class D output stage. Over 60 years of Crown's design knowledge and experience went into the development of this technology resulting in truly remarkable benefits. DriveCore Technology provides an extremely wide tolerance with regards to sagging or "dirty" AC line conditions, providing consistent performance without affecting audio quality. This means the Crown XLS1500 power amp won't compromised your performance by fluctuating generator power, or overload from lighting rigs, backline gear, etc.
In addition, DriveCore Technology's patented feedback and PWM modulation circuits enable fast recovery on peak transients, accurate reproduction of low-level detail, and precise tracking of low-frequencies at high power levels for maximum subwoofer output.
- XLS High Performance, Lightweight Class D power amp weighs less than 11 lbs.
- Integrated PureBand Crossover System for better performance and control
- Peakx Limiters provide maximum output while protecting your speakers
- XLR, 1/4", RCA inputs provide outstanding flexibility
- 1/4" Inputs can be used as loop-thrus to distribute signal to additional amplifiers Efficient forced-air fans prevent excessive thermal buildup
- Electronically balanced XLR inputs; touchproof binding post and Speakon outputs
- Precision detented level controls, power switch, power LED, and six LEDs indicate signal, clip and fault for each channel
- Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications