This is an out of production model, but is in excellent condition!Stiletto® marks Mesa's dedication to the legendary power behind heavy rock's British ancestry.
Razor sharp and finely honed, the Stiletto is mean enough to slice right through any mix with a trademark new sound. From sparkling cleans to classic Brit crunch to a menacing new realm of high gain, our goal was to re-define the EL-34 sound and elevate it beyond the limits of previous boundaries. Just like the Rectos did to 6L6s! Tighter, higher Bass. Lower, fatter Mids and a hazy harmonic top
where luscious overtones line up in a shimmering crystalline spread. This mid-focused footprint compliments a Recto® perfectly in an aggressive two-guitar band, allowing each player to carve out a distinctive region...and own it.Two ruthless pre-amp channels
create a mighty 6 mode platform while keeping that chrome panel gleaming and simple. Channel One fashions two Clean modes, one FAT and expansive, one TITE and urgent - or can be switched to CRUNCH, which roams from a '34-style Brit Blues clip through classic UK Hard Rock. Channel Two starts here, cloning the mid-gain presence of CRUNCH, and moves into a hellacious new frontier of modern grind with the barbed attack of TITE-GAIN or the super-layered, harmonic loaded bomb in FLUID-DRIVE. Only another MESA should consider sharing a stage next to the sinister fury of the Stiletto's high gain thrust. Each Channel of the Stiletto Deuce can be set for 50 or 100 watt performance
, while the Trident offers the clippable 50 - or a truly stunning 150 watts of coliseum headroom, per channel. Each channel also offers your choice of Rectifiers: Silicon Diodes or Tube Tracking which automatically matches the optimum number of 5U4s to the power array selected. The Stiletto® also incorporates our patented Bold-Spongy power feature
that works like a built-in Variac for an even browner vibe. Our Solo feature (Pat. pend. 6,724,897) allows you to step out with a footswitchable volume boost when it's your turn in the spotlight to wield this menacing tone.
External Switching Ports, Slave Out with Level control and an all-tube, series FX Loop (including a hard-bypass), round out the rear panel features. So if your musical world relies on the classic El-34 Brit sounds we all love
, but you need to greatly expand the range of performance while retaining the essence of character, check out the new STAGE II Stiletto®.
You won't believe where 34's can take you now. Features:
- Handbuilt in the USA
- Multi-Watt, Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent Pending) allows you to assign either 2 or all 6 EL-34 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 50 or 150 Watts of Class A/B Power via independent 50/150 Watt Power Switches / 6xEL-34, 5x12AX7, 3x5U4
- Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
- 2 Fully Independent Channels with 6 Modes (Channel 1 = Fat Clean, Tite Clean or Crunch (Cloning Channel 2), Channel 2 = Crunch, Tite Gain or Fluid Drive)
- Channel Assignable Dual Rectification with Recto Tracking? (Diode or Tube Tracking - Patents 5,168,438 & 7,193,458)
- Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence & Master Controls per Channel
- Bold/Spongy "Variac" Switch (Patent 5,091,700)
- Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control - Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels when activated)
- All-Tube FX Loop with Send Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- True "Hard" Bypass Switch that removes FX Loop, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
- Slave Out with Level Contro
- Fan Cooled
- External Switching Jacks for Channels 1, 2 & Solo
- Chrome Chassis
- 2 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2 & Solo)
- Slip Cover
- Finish: Black Taurus, Chrome Chassis and Black Croc Front Panel
- Head Width: 25 1/2"
Only available for U.S. shipping and requires a valid U.S. billing address. Call (800) 462-2263 for more information
*Shipping Charges Apply