The PLX2 series is a range of premium quality, high-power amplifiers designed for the most demanding live performance uses. Built on the third generation of QSC PowerLight® technology, PLX2 amplifiers combine light weight, superlative audio quality and proven QSC reliability. With power ratings up to 3,600 watts, PLX2 amplifiers are capable of providing plenty of clean, undistorted output to the most power hungry speaker systems.
The compact PLX1804 brings the same performance and technology as the rest of the PLX2 Series, plus even greater value, to applications that don't require bridged or 2 ohm operation. Designed to power one or two speakers from each amplifier channel (4 ohm minimum loading), this model offer a simplified feature set while retaining genuine, uncompromised PLX performance and technology. Weighing just 13 pounds (5.9 kg), the "plug-and-play" PLX1804 is perfect for ultra-portable rigs, as well as reference-quality playback.
PowerLight switchmode technology replaces a large, heavy AC transformer (typically 20 lbs. / 9 kg) with a highly efficient and lighter-weight active design. Conventional AC transformers provide 100 or 120 energy pulses per second, the PowerLight supply delivers 190,000 to 230,000 pulses per second. More pulses make it easier to provide on-demand power for the amplifier's output section. The power supply doesn't "sag" so bass notes stay full and powerful while the high end remains crisp and clean.
PLX2 audio power circuitry achieves performance normally associated with studio reference amplifiers. In order to reduce crossover distortion, precision bias tracking makes minute adjustments as amplifier temperature changes. The benefit is cleaner high-frequency and more consistent sound no matter how hard the amplifier is driven. The higher power models use QSC-exclusive class H output circuitry, a form of audio "turbocharging" that increases maximum power without affecting the basic audio quality.
- Very light weight ("02" models, 21 lbs/9.5 kg, "04" models 13 lbs/5.9 kg).
- Cooling design exhausts hot air out the front, keeping the rack cool. Flow-through heat sinks require no filters that could become clogged.
- Front panel LED power, clip, -10 dB, and signal present indicators for system monitoring and troubleshooting. 02 models also feature bridge and parallel mode LED indicators.
- Speakon® NL-4 output connectors provide a positive-locking speaker connection. Ch 1 output uses all 4 wires for single-cable connection to bi-amplified speakers.
- 21-position front-panel gain controls for precise, repeatable amplifier adjustment.
- Balanced XLR inputs with parallel TRS connectors accommodate all common input connectors and support loop-through operation.
- Patented PowerLight power supply technology with other patents pending.
- Value combined with uncompromised PLX technology, quality and performance for applications that don't require bridged or 2 ohm stereo operation.
- Two models with power ratings up to 900 watts per channel @ 4 ohms.
- Clip limiting protects speakers; thermal limiting maintains operation even during abnormal overloads.