The Complete Conductor Package includes: Tradition of Excellence Book 1 Conductor Score and Teaching Band with Excellence (Score Companion: A Comprehensive, Pedagogical, and Administrative Resource)
Tradition of Excellence Book 1 - Conductor Score
Teaching Band with Excellence - A Comprehensive Curricular, Pedagogical, and Administrative Resource
- The Conductor Score for Tradition of Excellence includes all materials that appear in the student books, as well as many features that will help you enhance and enrich students' learning and further promote understanding and retention of important concepts.
- Full scores, which include piano/guitar accompaniments, enhance students' performance experience in rehearsals, recitals, and concerts.
- A Resource Center helps you easily find comprehensive lesson plans and quizzes, directs you to related topics in Excellence in Theory and Teaching Band with Excellence, and shows standards met through study and performance of the exercise and correlated enrichments.
- Standards-based Objectives for Student Learning assist in planning, and provide a basis for evaluation of student progress.
- Practical teaching tip pop-ups provide solutions to instrument-specific challenges, guidance for rehearsal structure, and ideas for planning and teaching more effectively.
- Access to the Tradition of Excellence Interactive Teacher Studio (ITS) is also included free with the Conductor Score. This "virtual" version of the Conductor Score is ideal for your personal use and for classroom use with traditional video projection or interactive whiteboard technology. Hyperlinks throughout the ITS provide printable worksheets and customizable forms. Additional Teacher Assistant pop-ups are also available, sharing rehearsal tips, enrichments, assessment and administration aids, and detailed instrument-specific guidance.
- Teaching Band with Excellence: A Comprehensive Curricular, Pedagogical, and Administrative Resource, by Bruce Pearson and Ryan Nowlin is a practical companion to any band method, Teaching Band with Excellence compiles effective teaching tools and valuable insight from the creators of Tradition of Excellence. The chapters are organized in four sections of focus:
- Curriculum?Chapters in this section address the application of techniques and musicality for the concert band in general, including charts and graphics to illustrate and reinforce the concepts.
- Instruments?This portion of the book covers each instrument in the band, acquainting the director with the basic mechanics, intonation tendencies, appropriate fingerings, and troubleshooting techniques for each instrument. Diagrams, musical examples, and photographs enhance the descriptive text and provide visual aids. Video lessons and further tools are also available in the Teaching Band with Excellence Interactive Teacher Studio at www.kjos.com/its.
- Adminstration?A band director's job extends beyond the classroom, and this Administration section covers the paperwork, planning, promotion, and resources necessary for the development of a balanced member in educational and community networks. Customizable forms are available in the Teaching Band with Excellence Interactive Teacher Studio at www.kjos.com/its.
- Personal and Professional Growth?Often omitted from band director resources, this section includes chapters on Establishing a Resume and Cover Letter, Professional Development, and Time Management and Personal Wellness.
By Bruce Pearson and Ryan Nowlin
Media: Music Books
Level or Grade: 1
Series: Tradition of Excellence
Edition Number: W61FCP