Crown's PCC Series Phase Coherent Cardioid microphones are unidirectional boundary microphones that offer exceptional acoustic performance in handsome, low-profile enclosures.
The PCC-130 features exceptional performance and small size. When the situation demands that a mic be heard but not seen, the PCC-130 is an obvious choice. Its cardioid pattern reduces background noise, reverb, and feedback.
Crown PCC-130 Specifications
- Type: Phase Coherent Cardioid®.
- Element: Electret condenser.
- Frequency response (typical): 50 Hz to 20,000 Hz at 30 degrees incidence to surface (see Fig. 1).
- Polar pattern: Half-cardioid (cardioid in the hemisphere above the mounting surface). See Figs. 2 and 3.
- Impedance: 150 ohms nominal (85 ohms actual), balanced, (recommended load impedance 1000 ohms or greater).
- Open circuit sensitivity (typical): 22 mV/Pa (-33dB re 1 volt/Pa).
- Power sensitivity: -30.5 dB re 1 mW/Pa. EIA rating -125 dBm.
- Equivalent noise level (self-noise): 22 dB SPL typical (0 dB = .0002 dyne/cm2), A-weighted.
- S/N ratio: 72 dB at 94 dB SPL.
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL produces 3% THD.
- Polarity: Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
- Operating voltage: Phantom power, 12 to 48 volts DC on pins 2 and 3 with respect to pin 1.
- Current drain: 4 mA nominal.
- Connector: Switchcraft TB3M in model PCC-130.
- Cable: 15-foot, black, two-conductor shielded cable with Switchcraft TA3F and A3M connectors.
- Switch: Slide switch for bass cut, bass boost, or flat.
- Materials: High-impact molded plastic and steel mesh grille.
- Finish: Satin black (PCC-130) or white (PCC-130W).
- Net weight: 3.5 oz. (99 g). Mic and cable: 9.5 oz. (269 g).