In collaboration with legendary American boutique amp designer Tony Bruno, VOX has taken a trip into new tonal territory with the TB35C1 & TB35C2 guitar amplifiers, featuring an all-tube, Tony Bruno design.
First, Tony personally built and hand-wired a prototype that met his uncompromising standards. This amp would be used as a benchmark that we were able to continually reference throughout the project. After our initial evaluation, we at VOX R&D made a replica of the unit using a PCB design instead of Tony's usual hand-wired method. We then unleashed Tony onto the new sample and allowed him to modify and add new features to suit his taste. After many rigorous voicing sessions with Tony, it was agreed we had something that not only shared the same excellent tonal quality of the original unit, but also included features that would otherwise be impossible to create without the use of VOX R&D's modern development and production resources. These TB35C1 and TB35C2 amplifiers are the result of this uncompromising collaboration between VOX R&D and Tony Bruno.
Despite their British VOX pedigree, the TB35C1 & TB35C2 amplifiers have a decidedly American feel, thanks to Tony's influence and design. The all-tube chassis features a quartet of 6V6 power tubes, known for their smooth and clean high end, creamy mids, big bass, and for their rich "breakup" when overdriven. The preamp stage is driven by three 12AX7 preamp tubes, plus an additional 12AX7 paired with a 12AT7 tube to drive the reverb unit. Together, they create a distinctive sound familiar to fans of American Blues and Country music. The single-channel preamp offers both High and Low level inputs, as well as Volume, Bass, Middle, and Treble controls. External speaker jacks and extension cabinet jacks are standard equipment on both models. The TB35C1 and TB35C2 are equipped with Celestion G12-65 loudspeakers, all mounted into rugged birch-ply cabinets.
The Macho switch provides a boost to the mids and overall gain. This all new, specially-voiced Bruno mod is ideal for players who want to keep their amp tone pure and organic, while allowing their leads and solos to truly soar, without requiring any additional pedals! Footswitchable during performance, players can also leave the Macho switch permanently activated to dramatically change the sound of the amp, and to allow the user to take their search for tone even further.
The Bass Boost does exactly that; it boosts the bass! Turning the Bass Boost on enhances the warm and round low-end tones coming from the instrument. This setting is ideal for a rich, full sound.
The addition of a Master Volume control allows the VOX TB35C1 & TB32C2 amps to achieve a full-on sound at different listening levels. For the purist, the Master Volume bypass switch removes the Master Volume from the circuit path, delivering a direct and pure high-gain tone, and allowing the amp to run flat-out for those who want to make the walls shake!
Players who crave the unmistakable sound of a 1960's spring reverb unit will not be disappointed. Each of the TB35C1 & TB35C2 amps is equipped with a tube-driven reverb with a premium spring reverb tank. This all-tube design is defined by a custom-built transformer and a high quality spring reverb tank, able to go from a subtle shimmer to long "Surf-style" decay - and all points in between - while always maintaining the amplifier's winning tube tone.Features:
- Circuit designed by boutique amplifier builder Tony Bruno.
- Vintage American tube voicing
- All-tube design
- Tube reverb
- High quality spring reverb tank
- Macho mode with footswitch control
- Bass Boost
- Master Volume bypass switch
- Birch-ply cabinet construction
- Celestion G12-65 speaker(s)
- Custom made premium transformers
- Footswitch included
- High-quality dust cover includes
- Controls: Volume (preamp), Bass, Mid, Treble, Reverb, Master volume, Bass Boost, Macho Mode (footswitchable), Master Volume Bypass
- Tube Complement: 12AX7 (x3) Preamp, 12AT7 + 12AX7 Tube Reverb, 6V6 (x 4) Power Tubes
- Inputs/Outputs: Guitar Input High and Low, External speaker out, Extension speaker out, Footswitch input
- Output Power: 35Watts RMS
- Speaker(s): 1 x 12" 16 - Celestion G12-65 (TB35C1), 2 x 12" 8 - Celestion G12-65 (TB35C2)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 600 x 260 x 565mm / 23.62"x 10.24" x 22.24" (TB35C1), 695 x 260 x 565 mm / 27.36"x 10.24" x 22.24" (TB35C2)
- Weight: 28.8kg/ 63.49 lbs. (TB35C1), 33.5kg/ 73.85 lbs. (TB35C2)
- Accessories: Footswitch (VFS-1), Manual, Dust cover, Power cable