The All New ROYAL ATLANTIC wears an undeniable crown in the TransAtlantic fleet for delivering all this Tone with a big power gut-punch and three amazing Modes of footswitchable performance. Packing 100 watts of EL34 Brit-voiced attitude, this Atlantic takes everything you love about Fullerton and Liverpool and brings it all together with rich, chest-thumping high gain in a way only a MESA can.
The RA 100 also features our revolutionary new Channel Assignable Power Soaks that will redefine for you the concept of Power Expression and put you in total command of playing volume independent of power clip. At last? dial up a preamp sound in each of the Modes and crank in the perfect amount of power saturation at the right volume - and footswitch between them seamlessly!
Channel 1 offers CLEAN, a decidedly American circuit, that chimes with bell-like clarity on the top and is filled out with bouncy, tight low-end that's warm and rich, but doesn't get tubby. CLEAN produces angelic cleans, but because of its tucked bass frequencies, also clips beautifully when used with its dedicated Soak for either pushed bluesy rhythm or old-school overdriven solo sounds.
Channel 2 pays tribute to both classic and modified British sounds, and though the two Modes in this Channel share Tone controls, they are adept at delivering amazing, no-compromise footswitchable performance. LO focuses on that touch-sensitive region of gain produced by classic Brit circuits and will have you knee-deep in hit-making sounds instantly.
While almost everyone loves the raw power, headroom and bold authority of a 100- watt power section pumping away beneath the deck, most of us have trouble finding a venue for all that muscle. For many of us (regardless of age) few and far between are the gigs of yesteryear - where we fondly remember cranking away on a big-bore head ? punishing both the engineers and patrons of our favorite haunts to hit that place where we could ride the wave of high volume "inspiration" and go off. These days if you need to rely on that most likely you will find yourself unemployed, or at least strongly reprimanded. And while you can use the Front Panel 100/50 watt Half Power switch to berth two of the 4 power tubes for some cool applications, it's not the ultimate solution.
At last you can have whatever amount of power amp drive you need to deliver your personal form of magic ? in every Mode - at any volume level you desire. Let's say that again; now your Tone doesn't have to be directly tied to your volume. And one last time; you can dial-in the perfect amount of power-clip for every footswitchable sound in your amp.Features:
- Black Taurus ? Gray & Black Weave Grille
- Custom Designed and Hand Crafted in Petaluma, California
- All-Tube Amplifier: 4xEL-34 (or 6L6's), 6x12AX7, 1x12AT7
- Proprietary Multi-Soak?, Channel Assignable Power Attenuator provides each channel with a 5-position power attenuation switch (-16db, -12db, -8db, -4db & 0db) for Power Ratings ranging from 3 Watts to 100 Watts of Class A/B Power
- Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL34)
- Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
- 2 Channels, 3 Footswitchable Modes
- Channel 1 (Clean) features: Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Master & Multi-Soak (on back panel)
- Channel 2 (Footswitchable Vintage Lo-Gain & Vintage Hi-Gain Modes) features: Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Master-Lo, Master-Hi, Multi-Soak Lo & Multi-Soak Hi (on back panel)
- All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb with Auto Reverb Defeat Switch for Vintage Hi or Vintage Hi & Lo Modes ("Defeat" removes Reverb from selected mode/modes ? "On" applies Reverb to all Modes)
- Reverb Hard-Bypass Switch removes entire Reverb Circuit from amp (all modes)
- Fully Buffered FX Loop w/Automatic Hard-Bypass, which completely removes itself when not in use
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- External Switching Jacks for Vintage Low/Hi (Clean is default)
- 22" Aluminum Chassis
- 2 Button Footswitch (Clean, Vintage Low/Hi)
- Slip Cover