MPC500 is the first portable MPC. You can sample and create music wherever inspiration strikes: on the subway, on the plane, or even at the beach! Whether you're traveling around the globe or just across town, MPC500 is a perfect fit for your backpack, messenger bag, or briefcase. Beats and productions created in MPC500 can be dropped into your computer via USB or into your main MPC with the swappable CF card when you get back into the studio.
MPC500 is a 48-track sequencer with a 32-voice stereo sampler. It has 12 velocity and pressure-sensitive rubber MPC pads. 16MB of memory comes standard and can be expanded up to 128MB. When connected to a Mac or PC via USB, you can drag and drop data between the computer and your MPC500's CF card, just like a hard drive. Because MPC500 is compatible with other MPCs, MPC500 is the perfect way to extend your studio into your mobile lifestyle.
- Battery powered (6 AAs) or wall powered (AC adapter included)
- Pattern-based 48-track sequencer with 16 MIDI channels
- 32-voice drum/phrase sampler with up to 128MB RAM
- Velocity and pressure-sensitive pads for responsive, accurate programming
- 12-level function places one sound on all pads with progressive level or tuning per pad
- Compact Flash drive and USB port (Mass Storage Class)
- Support for standard WAV files and MIDI sequences
- Analog I/O, headphone output, MIDI I/O
- Sounds included to get started quickly
- Four-way sample layering and velocity switching per pad
- Low-pass filter with resonance per voice
- On-board effects: two stereo effects and a master effect