For nearly half a century, Korg has set the standard for technical innovation, leadership, and superior sound. Korg has created entire categories of musical products, and has produced some of the top-selling synthesizers and keyboard instruments ever; the instruments favored by musicians around the globe. In 1988, Korg defined the workstation category with the revolutionary M1. Today, in 2011, Korg redefines and reimagines the music workstation, revolutionizing the capabilities of the hardware instrument and exceeding the demands of the modern player: introducing the Kronos Music Workstation.
Kronos unites nine individual synthesis engines in a single instrument, each providing the finest sound creation techniques available. Together, they represent not only the rich legacy of Korg, but the history of the electronic keyboard industry itself. Dig into the classic sounds of timeless instruments that are still loved to this day. Enjoy unique sounds that once startled the world. Venture into new sonic territory with sounds that have become possible now.
Kronos contains nine distinct synthesizer/sound engines. While each is worthy of a separate product in its own right, Kronos brings them all together into a single, integrated musical instrument. Dynamic voice allocation and new technologies allow all sound engines to smoothly share a stable, enhanced hardware platform. The results are nothing less than spectacular.
Packed with unlimited sound potential, Kronos is much more than a synthesizer. Kronos comes complete with all of the extras required of a modern workstation, plus so much more. From music production to live performance, the Kronos Music Workstation integrates a world-class list of tools into a single, reliable instrument. Under the hood, all nine engines share the same hardware, with no separate cards to manage or polyphony barriers between them-and no "CPU overs" to worry about. Kronos dynamically allocates power between the engines as you play, automatically and in real time, providing an integrated experience no PC can match. In addition, Kronos smoothly functions as a plug-in with many popular DAWs, providing your studio with native, unprecedented sonic power.
The 61-key version features the same great-feeling, responsive semi-weighted keybed found in the M3-61 Music Workstation. Acclaimed for their solid feel and tactile response, these keys provide a seamless, expressive connection to the many forms of synthesis Kronos provides. The 88-key model of the Kronos features the same RH3 real weighted hammer action keyboard used on Korg's upper-end piano models and on the SV-1. The hammer weighting is graded, providing a heavier feel in the lower register and a lighter feel in the upper register, just as on a grand piano, offering superb playability. Boldly, the 73-key model also features this same RH3 keyboard, creating a more compact and transportable instrument that still provides superior piano and electric piano sounds teamed with an authentic piano touch. Kronos is notable for its slim design, showing an integration of function and design.Features:
- 9 Sound engines, each offering a unique sound-creation technology (see list below)
- 16-part Combis allow all engines to function together in perfect harmony; Dynamic Voice Allocation keeps the polyphony high.
- Available with 61, 73 or 88 keys. The 73 and 88 key models feature Korg's finest RH3 Graded Hammer Action. The 61 key model borrows the responsive synth action from the Korg M3-61.
- Comprehensive interface, based around a new large 8" TFT TouchView display
- Virtual Memory Technology (VMT), aided by a fast SSD (Solid State Disk) provides high polyphony and massive, ultra-long, and unlooped samples; offering unheard of performance from a hardware instrument
- Smooth Sound Transition: this often-requested feature allows held or sustained notes to keep sounding when changing sounds or modes.
- Set List mode: Organize the Programs, Combis, and Songs you need to perform your set in a single, easy-to-select screen - including performance notes!
- Use up to 16 premium-quality effects at once; individual effects rival dedicated units
- On-board sequencer offers 16 MIDI tracks + 16 audio tracks (24-bit, 48kHz recording quality)
- Open Sampling System - Instant sampling and resampling from any mode: Program, Combination or Sequencer.
- Sophisticated KARMA® technology generates infinitely variable performance-driven phrases, musical effects, and backing tracks to catalyze your creativity
- Expanded Drum Track for play-along grooves and inspiration
- Signature sounds created with guidance from world class musicians