HIGH PERFORMANCE MICROPHONE PREAMPS
Designed as the ideal preamp for any application, the tube driven TPS II and DPS II add warmth and texture to any audio source. These two-channel high performance preamps use a pair of hand selected 12AX7A tubes in the low noise input circuitry. This, coupled with ART's proprietary V3 (Variable Valve Voicing) and variable input impedance allows the TPS II and DPS II to deliver incredible performance from cost effective single space rackmount solutions.
In the case of the DPS II, the added convenience of direct digital output connectivity making it an ideal expander for any computer interface or sound card with RCA S/Pdif digital input.V3 TECHNOLOGY
V3 provides optimized reference points to begin the recording process. The V3 presets were created and fine-tuned by some of the industry's top studio and live-sound engineers. V3technology allows you to select between a multitude of presets designed for guitars (electric and acoustic), keyboards, bass guitars, drums, vocals and more. VARIABLE INPUT IMPEDANCE
Variable input impedance increases the sonic potential of the TPS II & DPS II even further. It delivers entirely new sonic textures and tone by varying the input impedance of the preamp, which in turn varies the way the microphone reacts to the load of the preamp. This creates a wide range of new sonic possibilities with any modern or vintage condenser, ribbon or dynamic microphone. EXTREMELY WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE
The DPS II and TPS II can accept up to +20dB peaks while maintaining over 120dB dynamic range with incredibly low distortion. Input LED metering monitors the signal level of the input amplifier so maximum gain can be achieved without clipping the preamp at the input.OPL (OUTPUT PROTECTION LIMITER)
ART's OPL (Output Protection Limiter), which precisely and accurately controls and maintains the output peak signal. The OPL circuitry is crucial in protecting the next link in a signal chain - such as a hard-disk recording system or a sound card - because unlike analog clipping that sounds musical and sometimes pleasing, digital clipping is nasty and often fatal for your monitors' tweeters. DIGITAL CONNECTIVITY (DPS II)
Digital outputs include S/PDIF, TOSLINK or ADAT (front panel selectable). The A/D is front panel adjustable from 44.1 to 96K or syncs to ADAT or external word clock (32KHZ to 100KHz). Multiple DPS II's can be added to an ADAT stream.
A versatile insert loop on each channel provides access for additional signal processing or direct access to our high quality A/D converter. Separate gain controls on analog and digital outputs allow you to optimize the unit for simultaneous applications. Features:
- Variable Input Impedance
- Improved V3 Variable Valve Voicing Presets
- LED Input Meter with Analog Output Meter
- Enhanced ART Tube Technology Adds Warmth
- Automatically switches between instrument and
- microphone preamp
- Wide Frequency Response (5Hz/50kHz)
- Enhanced OPL Output Protection Limiter
- Additional Digital Features (DPS II Only)
- 24bit/96KHz A-to-D Conversion
- S/PDIF, TOSLINK or ADAT Digital Output
- Input Connections: XLR-F (balanced) (x2)
- 1/4-inch TRS unbalanced (x2)
- Output Connection: XLR-M balanced (x2)
- 1/4-inch TRS unbalanced (x2)
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 50kHz (+0 to -1dB)
- Dynamic Range: >100dB
- Maximum Gain: 80dB (XLR to XLR); 74dB (inst. input to XLR)
- CMRR: >75dB (typ. @ 1kHz)
- THD: .01% (clean), 0.1% (warm)
- EIN: -129dBu ("A" weighted, XLR to XLR)
- Maximum Input Level: +19dBu (XLR); +22dBu (inst. input)
- Maximum Output Level: +28dBu (XLR); +22dBu (1/4-inch)
- Phantom Power: +48 volts
- Tube Type: Hand Selected 12AX7A
- Insert Inputs: 1/4-inch TRS. Tip = input, Ring = analog output.
- 10K Input impedance.
- 0dBu= digital clip point at input level max.
- (Level control offers full mute at min setting)
- Sample Rates: Internal Selectable 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz
- Wordclock Input: BNC connector, 100 Ohms (terminated), 3.25V p-p min,
- 25KHz (min) to 105KHz (max) sample rate.
- Optical Input: ADAT optical Selectable for sample rate locking.
- Also used as a source of ADAT data to be transmitted
- on unused ADAT channels.
- Optical Output: ADAT optical or S/PDIF selectable.
- ADAT Mode: Contains 24 bit ADAT data arranged DPS CH1 = ADAT
- odd channel(s),CH2 = even channel(s). ADAT Input sync,
- Wordclock sync or internal (ADAT master) 44.1KHz*,
- 48KHz sample rate selectable.
- DPS II digital data can be transmitted on ch1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 1-8, or none (ADAT bypass if ADAT input is valid). Unused channels data source is ADAT input decoded data.
- Dimensions DxWxH (in): 6.5 x 19 x 1.75
- Dimensions DxWxH (mm): 32x 482 x 44
- Weight: 8.5 lbs. (3.85 kg)