Book and 4 CDs!!!
For all instrumentalists wishing to improve their "time", sharpen their harmonic awareness, or just experiment with different rhythm section configurations. The best way to develop "good time" is to play with musicians who have good time; musicians like Adam Nussbaum and Jay Anderson. This 4-CD SET includes 15 play-a-long tracks of various tempos and styles based on the changes to well-known standards. Each CD has a different mix, allowing maximum versatility as follows:
CD #1 is a split track with bass on one channel and drums on the other.
CD #2 is Bass Only on both channels.
CD #3 is Drums Only on both channels.
CD #4 is Piano on both channels, bass on the left, and drums on the right.
Bassists will love playing with drums-only CD.
Drummers will love playing with the Bass-only CD.
Pianists and Guitarists will enjoy soloing or comping with any of the first three mixes.
Horn Players will enjoy playing with any of the CDs.
Many jazz groups over the years have had success with pianoless or bassless or drumless groups, such as Gerry Mulligan and Sonny Rollins. Bass and drum accompaniment (without guitar or piano)leads to better hearing, enhanced harmonic awareness, and an overall freer sound. The lack of a comping instrument also allows the mind to concentrate more on playing with a good time feel. This versatile, first-of-its-kind play along is sure to become a favorite.
- 1. Relaxin' (F Blues)
- 2. Runnin' & Gunnin' (I Got Rhythm)
- 3. Soulful Times (Old Folks)
- 4. Mr. Alex (Cantaloupe Island Type Tune)
- 5. Peaceful Ideas (Soul Eyes)
- 6. A Little Stop-time (Blues w/bridge)
- 7. A Blessing In Disguise (Body & Soul)
- 8. I Remember Grant (Grant Green Bossa)
- 9. An April Recall (Medium tempo) (I Remember April)
- 10. What's Your Hurry (Elvinish Pedal)
- 11. No Smokin' In Here (Bb Blues w/new changes)
- 12. Catchy Waltz (Stella by Starlight in 3/4)
- 13. An April Recall (Fast tempo) (I Remember April)
- 14. Clear As A Bell (Impressions)