TASCAM has refreshed its best-selling USB interface with better audio specs and a fresh new look for the US-122mkII. The US-122mkII starts with two great-quality XLR microphone preamps with phantom power for condenser microphones. There's also a pair of balanced line inputs and a guitar-level in for direct recording of electric guitar or bass. The stereo signal is sent to your computer at up to 96kHz/24-bit audio quality.
The US-122mkII connects to Mac or Windows computers using USB 2.0, and the unit is powered over the USB cable. Zero-latency monitoring is available for recording without the delay going to a computer and back. MIDI input and output jacks allow connection of synths and drum machines. Connect the US-122mkII to monitors through the line output or use headphones with the front-mounted stereo 1/4" jack. The US-122mkII makes a perfect portable interface with metal components and solid construction built for the road.
The US-122mkII includes a copy of Cubase LE4 from Steinberg. This full-featured recording software captures up to 48 tracks of audio with another 64 MIDI tracks. You can edit your tracks to perfection using a variety of modes and tools. Automated mixing is included to create the perfect master. Cubase LE4 supports VST effect and instrument plug-ins, which an assortment included with the application.
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 audio interface
- (2) XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
- (2) 1/4" balanced line inputs
- Switchable guitar level input
- 1/4" stereo headphone output
- MIDI input and output
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit audio resolution
- Zero-latency hardware monitoring
- Mac and Windows drivers included
- Steinberg Cubase LE4 48-track recording software included
- Aluminum case construction