Fast, maneuverable and beautifully engineered, the Dragonfly employs an innovative design that offers fine tuning and precise placement to please the most discerning recordist, combined with an ease of use that is without equal among contemporary microphones - and at a price that's considerably less than anything in its class. Winner of both the 2001 TEC Award and an Electronic Musician's 2001 Editors' Choice award, the Dragonfly is a unique pressure-gradient cardioid condenser microphone, employing the Blue's hand-built single-membrane large diaphragm capsule coated with a 6-micron mylar film of pure gold and aluminum. Enclosed within a rotating spherical grille, the capsule can be positioned and adjusted in the smallest spaces. Complete with an integrated elastic shockmount, the microphone's electronics are based on a class A discrete circuit, with a transformerless output. Its sonic character gives flight to everything from vocals to percussion, electric guitar and bass, as well as more "difficult" sources such as saxophones and stringed instruments.
BLUE Dragonfly Microphone Features:
- Type of mic amplifier: Solid State Discrete class A
- Type of Transducer: Pressure gradient
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz -2,000 Hz
- Rated source impedance: 50 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: not less than 1000 ohms
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa
- Signal to noise ratio: 69db (related to 1 PA at 1khz) Max.
- Sound Pressure Level for 0.5% THD: 132db
- Power Requirements: 48 volt phantom (DIN 45596, IEC8 15)
- Net weight: 640g
- Dimensions: 235mm x 45mm
- Connector: 3 pin XLR-type