The Championship Bass Drums were designed with the same formula used to design the FFX snare drum and Championship tenors. 6 Plies of 100% Maple shells offer maximum resonance and huge sub-frequency projection. To compliment the Maple shells, 2" wide 6-ply Maple Hoops are secured by extra wide claws for an evenly dispersed pressure for consistent tuning. Lightweight one-piece high strength aluminum castings and 6mm case-hardened tension bolts provide uncompromising strength and durability for years of high performance use.
Pearl's Superior Shell Technology utilizes a proprietary technique for achieving the ultimate air chamber. It begins with select woods chosen for their unique acoustic attributes, milled to precise thickness with overlapping scarf joint seams, for a perfect air-tight fit. The wood plies are saturated with Pearl's proprietary "AcoustiGlue" that permeates every pore and dries to the exact consistency of the wood for optimum resonance. Finally, the plies are formed in high-temperature molds with 1000 PSI of hydraulic pressure to produce perfect drum shells that exhibit superior tone, optimal resonance and extreme strength.
- 100% Maple shells give strength and richness of sound
- Angle cut bearing edges enhance resonance for superb tone
- Aluminum alloy tension casings designed to easily withstand today's super high tensioning, yet still be incredibly light
- 2" wide 6 ply 100% Maple hoops increase strength and durability
- Oversized triple reinforced claws exceed the tension requirements of today's corps
- Super tough high gloss black hoops look as good as they perform
- 6 acoustically placed air vents allow quick air exit for unsurpassed playing response and added projection
- 6mm case hardened tension bolts permit the highest tension without failure performance after performance
- 3 year Warranty on shells and Hardware