The Classic Goodtime banjo is a three ply violin grade maple rim banjo that has a bright and clear tone. The Classic has a traditional look with the Deering Peg Head Shape, a Rich Brown stain, and spikes at the 7th, 9th, and 10th frets of the 5th String. The spikes enable you to expand your playing from the key of G and play in the keys of A, B and C by putting the fifth string under the spike and using a capo on the other four strings to adjust the tuning. Here is a banjo you can have right there by your easy chair and play during commercials. It's great for hours of practice with an accurate neck that is as comfortable as can be. Most people who get a Goodtime banjo keep it because they love it even when they step up to their beautiful Deering banjo. The Goodtime banjo still maintains a special place in their lifestyle and this is why you don't see a lot of Goodtime banjos on the used market. The vintage look and light weight of this wonderful sounding, easy playing banjo will give you years of delight and enjoyment. Weighing in at only 4 pounds, this light weight banjo can go with you easily in travel, and even on a backpack. And, with the spikes already installed, you can easily play in several keys. Have fun where ever you go!
- Slender Rock Maple Neck stained a Rich Brown
- White dot inlays
- Deering Peg head shape
- Planetary Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Satin Finish
- Spikes Installed at 7th, 9th, & 10th Frets
- 11" 3 ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- 11" Frosted Top High Crown Head
- Steel Tension Hoop
- A Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- 16 Flat Hooks and 9/32" Hex Nuts
- Patented Adjustable Goodtime Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Satin Finish
- Comes with a Triangle Carrying Box
- Gig Bag or Hardshell Case is sold separately
- Has a clear and bright sound of maple that projects very well.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
- Rim Diameter 11"
- Overall Instrument Length 37.5"
- Instrument Weight without a case: 4.5 lbs
- Warranty: The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime Banjo a 6 year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship. Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.