With a Bluegrass resonator back, The Classic Goodtime 2 banjo has a 3-ply violin grade maple rim and produces a bright and clear tone. The Classic 2 is enhanced with a Rich Brown stain, white detailing and spikes at 7, 9, and 10. The spikes enable you to expand your playing from the key of G and play in the keys of A, B and C by putting the fifth string under the spike and using a capo on the other four strings to adjust the tuning. Here is a banjo you can have right there by your easy chair and play between commercials. It's a good bluegrass banjo, lighter weight and easy to carry. It's great for hours of practice with an accurate neck that is as comfortable as can be. You'll appreciate how light it is when you reach over to pick it up and enjoy playing it. Most people who get a Goodtime banjo keep it because they love it even when they step up to their beautiful Deering banjo. The Goodtime banjo still maintains a special place in their life and this is why you don't see a lot of Goodtime banjos on the used market. It's a banjo you can take anywhere.Neck:
- Slender Rock Maple Neck stained a Rich Brown
- White dot inlays
- Deering shape Peghead
- Planetary Tuners
- Geared 5th peg
- Durable Satin Finish
- Spikes installed at 7th, 9th, & 10th frets
- 3 ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- 11" Frosted Top High Crown Head
- Steel Tension Hoop
- A Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- 16 Flat Hooks and 9/32" Hex Nuts
- Patented Adjustable Goodtime Tailpiece
- 2 Piece Flange
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Rich Brown Maple
- Black Binding
- Durable Satin Finish
- Has a clear and bright sound of maple that projects very well.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes from the factory with light gauge strings
- You can use medium strings on this banjo as well
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8"
- Overall Instrument Length 38"
- Weight Approx. 6 lbs
- Warranty: The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime Banjo a six year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.