From Eddie Van Halen comes an all-new guitar?the Wolfgang?representing over 35 years of cumulative EVH experience and expertise in guitar design. The process undertaken to develop the Wolfgang took over two years of intense trial-and-error research. The formidable task yielded a series of prototypes that endured a full year of brutal in-concert road testing by Eddie on Van Halen's triumphant 2007-2008 world tour. The result is a bulletproof and beautiful tonal giant of a guitar that takes whatever you can dish out and then asks for more.
As the VH tour kicked off in the fall 2007, Eddie pushed every aspect of the Wolfgang's performance capabilities to the absolute limit, playing various Wolfgang prototypes every night on virtually every song. As the tour roared along, Eddie changed and adjusted components and specs until he was satisfied with the Wolfgang's sound, feel and looks. To prove that it was battle-worthy and could survive the road, performance data was collected from every gig for months and months to establish and confirm consistency and durability.
Eddie Van Halen and Fender partnered and launched EVH® products in 2007, introducing a limited run of Eddie Van Halen FrankensteinTM replica guitars, the EVH 5150III ? amplifier and EVH guitar accessories. For online information on all these products, including the Wolfgang guitar and more, visit www.evhgear.com.
- BODY: Basswood core, 1 1/2" thick; Arched 1/2" thick AA Maple top
- NECK: Quartersawn maple
- FINGERBOARD: Fingerboard AA birdseye maple Compound radius 12" to 16" radius
- FRETS: 22, Stainless steel frets, vintage size
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.5" (648 mm)
- NUT: Floyd Rose® R2 locking nut Width: 1 5/8" (41 mm)
- HARDWARE: Chrome
- TUNING KEYS: EVH-branded Gotoh® tuning machines, chrome w/pearloid buttons
- BRIDGE: EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking tremolo
- PICKUPS: Neck - EVH® humbucking pickup, Bridge - EVH® humbucking pickup
- PICKUP SWITCHING: 3-way switch
- CONTROLS: 2 Bourns® low friction pots (1x250k, 1x500k)
- INCL. ACCESSORIES: Case - SKB® Case with molded stripes
- UNIQUE FEATURES: Hard mount pickups; Magna Coatings paint, 2 Graphite neck reinforcement rods, Schaller® chrome string retainer, EVH® D-Tuna®, square jack plate