Yamaha Xeno Trombones, with the assistance of key orchestral players and soloists throughout the world, represent some of the best instruments using the most advanced design technology available.
Developed with Top Artists
The YSL-882OR was developed with Larry Zalkind, Principal Trombone of the Utah Symphony Orchestra.
New Balanced Response Rotor
The balanced response rotor system helps air release evenly into the F-attachment slide creating a smoother transition from the Bb open horn to the engaged F-attachment.
Reversed Tuning Slides
Both the main tuning slide and the F-attachment tuning are reversed, allowing for a less restricted airflow throughout the instrument.
Open wrap F attachment
The open wrap has a more open feel and quicker response while using the F attachment.
Rounded Slide Crook
Eliminating sharp turns in the crook will open the feel and response of the instrument.
Adjustable Thumb Paddle
The rotor paddle is adjustable for optimum comfort.
Using a mechanical linkage on a rotor gives it strong, smooth operation.
- Level : Xeno Tenor
- Key : Bb / F
- Bore : ML: 0.547"
- Bell Diameter : 8 11/16"
- Shank : Medium
- Leadpipe : Gold brass; Interchangeable
- Body Material : Yellow brass
- Bell Material : Yellow brass; One-piece; Hand Hammered
- Weight : Standard
- Finish : Clear epoxy lacquer
- Inner Slide : Chrome-plated nickel silver; Drawn
- Outer slide : Yellow brass; Drawn; One-piece
- Mouthpiece : SLL51C4
- Features : Wide slide; F-attachment (open wrap)
- Pistons/Rotors : Hand lapped; Mechanical linkage