Yamaha Xeno Trombones, with the assistance of key orchestral players and soloists throughout the world, represent some of the best instruments using the most advanced design technology available.
One piece hand hammered bell
A one-piece bell has an axial (lengthwise) seam, making it a continuous extension of the instrument's material. This results in pure, uniform resonance and superior tone.
The bell is 8 11/16" in diameter. The larger bell in combination with other design improvements, produces a singing, colorful open sound with a projecting solid core.
Open wrap F attachment
The open wrap has a more open feel and quicker response while using the F attachment.
Having a narrow slide results in a faster slide technique allowing the player to get around the horn easier.
Rounded Slide Crook
Eliminating sharp turns in the crook will open the feel and response of the instrument.
Adjustable Thumb Paddle
The rotor paddle is adjustable for optimum comfort.
Counter Balance Weight
Adding a weight contributes to the trombones foucsed projecting sound.
Using a mechanical linkage on a rotor gives it strong, smooth operation.
The unique slide lock design on all Yamaha trombones keeps the slide locked in place and keeps it from accidentally falling.
Perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and smoother air flow.
Newly designed case
The new case is a compact contoured shape.
Gold Brass Bell (YSL-882GO)
- Level : Xeno Tenor
- Key : Bb / F
- Bore : ML: 0.547"
- Bell Diameter : 8 11/16"
- Shank : Medium
- Leadpipe : Gold brass; Fixed
- Body Material : Yellow brass
- Bell Material : Yellow brass; One-piece; Hand Hammered
- Weight : Standard
- Finish : Clear epoxy lacquer
- Inner Slide : Chrome-plated nickel silver; Drawn
- Outer slide : Yellow brass; Drawn; One-piece
- Mouthpiece : Peter Sullivan Replica Series
- Features : Narrow slide; F-attachment (open wrap)
- Pistons/Rotors : Hand lapped; Mechanical linkage
- Options : Gold brass bell (YSL-882OG)