It takes skill, time and punch-ins to create a properly doubled vocal track in the studio and, until now, it was nearly impossible to accurately create the effect live. VoiceTone Double is a vocal effects pedal that creates up to four humanized overdubs from your voice - live! The presets range from overdubbed vocals that sound "tight and intimate" or "loose and lively" and what's more, Double includes pristine emulations of classic detune, microshift and chorus effects. With its timeless combination of natural and effected doubling, your live vocals can sound more like the CD.
The presets in Double feature its two linked processors: Overdub and µMod (micromod) in various amounts. The Overdub processor uses TC-Helicon's unique algorithms to provide convincing pitch and time modulations. These emulate a recording session where you layer your voice in unison. The µMod processor recreates the legacy effects that were used previously to produce a doubling-type effect such as chorusing and detuning.
We designed the presets so you never have to adjust anything if you prefer not to. They cover everything from a single voice closely, but not perfectly, singing along to four wildly modulated voices emulating a loose group shout. Many presets have the µMod detune and chorus effects added for a thick and lush texture and if they don't you're able to add it by raising the µMod control.
Many people prefer choosing one doubling sound and turning it on and off when needed. For others, the A/B footswitch allows you to assign and store two favorites, edited or un-edited, that can be toggled when you want to create different doubling effects in your performance.
- Creates up to four virtual overdubs of a performer's voice in real time
- 10 preset style banks with 3 patches in each
- Uses advanced Inflection and FlexTime algorithms to create a realistic overdub sound
- Additional effects include emulations of classic microshift, chorus and detune using the µMod (micromod) algorithm from VoicePro
- Edit controls allow adjustment of the Pitch and Time modulations as well as balance adjustment between "Overdub" style doubling and "µMod" style effects
- Access your two customized patches during performance with A/B parts
- XLR Mic level input and output connectors in stereo and mono
- Clean, studio quality mic preamp with phantom power