The most widely recognized and trusted name in AC power conditioning is proud to introduce the PS-8R II power conditioner / sequencer, featuring Furman?s revolutionary SMP technology. Furman?s Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) circuit also features our exclusive Linear Filter Technology (LiFT) with Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) and a high current TVZ-MOV. Together, these technologies comprise what is, without question, the world's most advanced and comprehensive transient voltage surge suppressor
SMP (Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus)
Furman's SMP surge suppression virtually eliminates service calls. Traditional surge suppression circuits sacrifice themselves when exposed to multiple transient voltage spikes, requiring the dismantling of your system, and repair of your surge suppressor. Not so with SMP. With Furman's SMP, damaging transient voltages are safely absorbed, clamped and dissipated - no sacrificed parts, no service calls, no down time.
Unique to Furman's SMP is its unparalleled clamping voltage, even when tested beyond the grueling specifications of - USA/CIDA's A-1-1 test. While other designs offer clamping voltages that are well above 300VAC peak (far beyond long accepted professional standards), Furman's SMP clamps at 188VAC peak, 133 VAC RMS even when tested with multiple 6000VAC - 3000 Amp surges! This unprecedented level of protection is only available with Furman's SMP technology.
LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology)
Unfortunately, traditional AC filter/conditioners have been designed for unrealistic laboratory conditions. Prior technologies could actually harm audio and video performance more than they help, due to the resonant peaking of their antiquated, non-linear designs. Under certain conditions, these designs can actually add more than 10 dB of noise to the incoming AC line! Worse still, lost digital data, the need to reboot digital presets, or destroyed digital converters are frequently caused by excessive voltage spikes and AC noise contaminating the equipment ground. Furman's SMP with LiFT takes another approach, ensuring optimal performance through linear filtering and no leakage to ground.
E.V.S. (Extreme Voltage Shutdown)
Furman's trusted overvoltage circuitry protects against all too frequent accidental connections to 208 or 240VAC by shutting off the incoming power until the overvoltage condition is corrected.
Rear Panel BNC Connector
For rear panel illumination, a BNC connector is provided for connection of any standard gooseneck lamp, such as the Furman GN-LED or GN-I (sold seperately).
The PS-8R II Power Conditioner/Sequencers is capable of powering up a rack full of equipment in a 3-step delayed sequence. The sequence is reversed for power-down. The sequence can be initiated with either momentary or maintained switches, locally or remotely. A duplex outlet is provided for each delay step. One or more Furman PS-8R II?s may be installed in remote locations and operated via low-voltage wiring. The PS-8R II includes a rear mounted BNC jack which accepts any standard (12VAC, 0.5A) gooseneck lamp for rear rack illumination, as well as a front panel switch which controls the gooseneck's operation
- SMP provides the highest level of protection available
- LiFT significantly reduces AC line noise
- E.V.S. protects equipment from dangerous overvoltage conditions
- Zero ground contamination circuitry assures delivery of pure AC
- Six sequenced rear panel outlets (in 3 groups), two switched rear panel outlets, and one front panel switched outlet
- Momentary and Maintained sequencing via rear panel terminal block or front panel switch
- 15 amp rating with circuit breaker
- BNC connector on the rear panel allows connection of any standard gooseneck lamp
- Three year limited warranty
- Current rating: 15 amps
- Operating Voltage: 90 to 140 VAC
- Over Voltage Shutdown: 140 VAC typically
- Spike Protection Modes: Line to neutral, zero ground leakage
- Spike Clamping Voltage 188 VAC peak @ 3,000 Amps, 133 VAC RMS, (tested to UL-1449 and USA / CIDA A-1-1, 6,000 VAC @ 3,000 Amps)
- Response time: 1 nanosecond
- Maximum surge current: 6,500 amps
- Noise attenuation: 10 dB @ 10 kHz, 40 dB @ 100 kHz, 100 dB @ 10 MHz, Linear attenuation curve from 0.05 - 100 Ohms line impedance
- Dimensions: 1.75" H x 19" W x 10.5" D.
- Weight: 11 lbs. (5 kg.)
- Construction: Steel chassis, .125" brushed and black anodized aluminum front panel; glass epoxy printed circuit boards
- Power consumption: 6 watts
- Safety Agency Listings: CE, NRTL-C