The new AD-9 Pro model improves on one of Maxon's most coveted models in order to produce the best-sounding, most reliable analog delay ever. Featuring 4 of Maxon's proprietary MC4107D bucket brigade IC's, the AD-9 Pro provides a pure and crystal-clear analog delay with up to 450 milliseconds of delay time. Using the world's first RMS level sensor and companding noise reduction system, the AD-9 Pro provides the most transparent analog delay sound ever available in a stompbox format.
With the AD9Pro, aliasing and clock noises that were considered typical in analog delay circuits have been minimized to the point that they are virtually non-existent. With a Dynamic range that is 18 dB wider than the original AD-9 and a maximum input level of +12 dB, the AD-9 Pro can be used with any input signal. This improved low range response yields a bold sound not normally associated with analog delay, and the superior balance between low and high range that the AD-9 Pro offers creates a delay tone that is simultaneously clear and firm yet retains the characteristic warmth of analog. Furthermore, the wider dynamic range allows the AD-9 Pro to be used in the effects loop of any amplifier without creating signal distortion or level disparities.
In addition to its amazing tonality, the AD-9 Pro features a new Single Head/Dual Head Mode function that is switchable via a top-mounted mini switch. In Single Head mode, the AD-9 Pro functions as a standard analog delay. In Dual Head Mode, a midstream delay signal (which is taken from the middle BBD of the delay circuit) is added into the normal delay signal to emulate the sound of Tape Echo multi-head operation. This feature provides interesting new delay effects such as the "Ping Pong" repeats made famous by Tape Echo units as well as ambient effects that recreate the echoes of a large concert hall with stunning accuracy.
Two-way power operation is available for the AD-9 Pro via 9V alkaline battery or optional AC adaptor (Maxon AC210N for USA). The AD-9 Pro features a stabilized DC to DC converter that assures consistent performance of the effect regardless of battery voltage drop or AC power fluctuation. The AD-9 Pro can operate for more than 7 hours continuous use via a 9 volt alkaline battery, and more than 2 hours continuous use via a Manganese battery. Battery change is fast and simple via the easy-access, no-tools battery compartment. If this wasn't enough, the AD-9 Pro features mechanical true bypass switching on both wet and dry outputs by use of a 4PDT switch assuring pure, unaltered tone when bypassed.
- Input Impedance 500K Ohms
- Output Impedance 10K Ohms
- Residual Noise -100 dB or less (IHF-A)
- Delay Time 20 mSec to 450 mSec
- Equivalent Input Noise 116 dB or less (IHF-A)
- Controls Delay Time, Feedback, Delay Level
- Switch Single/Dual Mode, Effect
- Operating Voltage 9V
- Power Consumption DELAY TIME MIN 39mA/DC.9V 38mA/DC.10V
- Dimensions 74 mm (W) x 124 mm (D) x 54 mm (H)
- Weight 80 grams (including battery)
- Battery 9V battery (6LR61 or 6F22) x 1 or Maxon AC adaptor
- Battery Life Manganese dry battery more than 2 hours 25deg C / 77deg F (Panasonic 6F22NB) Alkaline dry battery more than 8 hours 25deg C / 77deg F (Panasonic 6LR61G)
- Option Maxon AC adaptor (Maxon AC210N for North America)