For decades, Roland has been a leader in electronic percussiontechnology. The original OCTAPAD was a revolutionary percussioninstrument that was adopted by musicians worldwide and set the standardfor future percussion pads. With the OCTAPAD SPD-30, an exciting newchapter in Octapad history begins. Combining cutting-edge drum andpercussion sounds with the latest triggering technology, a Phrase Loopfunction, USB MIDI, and much more, the OCTAPAD SPD-30 is a ruggedinstrument that’s versatile for any musical application.
World Class Sounds
- Includes new percussion sounds from around the world, plus 30 types of multi-effects
- The latest pad-sensing technology developed for V-Drums® provides even and accurate pad triggering with excellent isolation between pads
- Four dual-trigger inputs, plus hi-hat controller for adding pads to create a mini kit, or for connecting triggers from acoustic drums
- Phrase Loop function inspires your creativity; record your playing in real time and overdub up to three layers
- USB connectivity for MIDI and memory storage
- Large backlit LCD and pad indicator lights for easy operation in low-light conditions
- Rugged, road-worthy design
TheOCTAPAD SPD-30 includes more than 600 drum and percussion sounds fromaround the world suited to cover any musical style. Arranged in 50 kits,the sounds are dynamic and expressive, and range from traditional tocontemporary to exotic. You can customize the sounds with the onboardcontrols for tuning, muffling, attack, pitch sweep, and more. You canalso layer two sounds per pad to create an infinite number of soundcombinations.Multi-Effects
Based on Roland’sworld-leading effects technology, the SPD-30’s multi-effects enginewill take your performances to another level. There are 30 types ofinternal multi-effects onboard, plus EQ, limiter, and seven Ambiencetypes.Phrase Loop Function
The onboardPhrase Loop function is a powerful creative tool that lets you quicklyrecord your playing in real time. You can overdub up to three layers perphrase, and store 50 phrases internally. Connect optional footswitchesfor seamless recording and hands-free operation. You can also save yourphrase data to optional USB memory.Advanced Triggering Technology
TheOCTAPAD SPD-30 benefits from Roland’s most advanced V-Drum triggeringtechnology. Each pad is a separate, isolated unit, providing theultimate in sensitivity with complete crosstalk rejection. In addition,you can connect four dual-trigger inputs, plus a hi-hat controller(compatible with Roland FD-8, VH-11) to create a mini drum set withexternal pads (Roland KD-/PD-/PDX-/CY-series). The OCTAPAD SPD-30 isalso compatible with Roland RT-Series acoustic drum triggers for evenmore flexibility.