The StudioLive™ 24.4.2 and 16.4.2 changed the game, offering amazing performance and ease of use for a great price. Now we’ve packed the same audio quality, performance, seamlessly integrated software (including remote control) into a smaller, even more affordable package.
In a “footprint” of less than 2 square feet (0.19 m2), the compact, 16-channel StudioLive 16.0.2 offers 8 mono input channels and 4 stereo channels and provides 12 XMAX™ Class A solid-state mic preamps. (Well, okay, it actually has 13 XMAX preamps; the Talkback input has one, too.)
But don't let its size fool you; the 16.0.2 is jam-packed with features and processing power, employs the same workflow and easy-to-use mixing-surface design as the bigger StudioLive boards, and sounds every bit as good, with the same high-definition, wide-dynamic-range, digital converters.
The 16.0.2 integrates a 16x16 FireWire interface and comes with Capture™, Studio One Artist™ recording and production software, and Virtual StudioLive, bidirectional control software.
The 16.0.2's Fat Channel is well stocked with compressors, limiters, gates, phase reverse, high-pass filters, and 3-band semi-parametric EQ. Two stereo, 32-bit floating-point effects processors deliver delay and reverb effects.
Moreover, a glance at the rear panel reveals that "Junior" offers something the two bigger boards don't: MIDI In and Out. You can recall Scenes from a DAW using MIDI Program Changes, control the main output volume and effects level, and even mute effects between songs—all thanks to the magic of MIDI control.
Two factors work against getting that Perfect Mix with an analog mixer. First, the Perfect Mix can be hard to reproduce a week, day, or hour after you perfect it. And second, a good mix should be dynamic: levels, effects, and EQ should be tailored to each song or segment of the show, service, or presentation.
- 8 mono mic/line channel inputs, each with: High-headroom Class A XMAX™ mic preamplifier, XLR mic and balanced ¼" line inputs, 60 mm precision fader
- 4 stereo line channel inputs, with: High-headroom Class A XMAX™ mic preamplifier (Ch. 9, 11, 13, and 15) XLR mic inputs (Ch. 9, 11, 13, and 15) Balanced ¼" line inputs (Ch. 9-16) Unbalanced RCA line inputs (Ch. 13-16) 60 mm precision fader (4 stereo)
- 4 Auxiliary buses (pre/post-fader send)
- 2 Internal FX buses
- 2 stereo 32-bit digital effects processors with customizable reverb and delay presets
- Fat Channel signal processing on all channels and buses, with: 3-band semi-parametric EQ (individual band on/off), Full-featured compressor, Standard downward expander, Limiter
- Phase reverse (12 mic preamplifiers only), Pan with dedicated 15-LED display, Stereo link for input channels and aux buses, High-pass filter
- One 31-band stereo graphic EQ (on main outputs only)
- 16-in/16-out FireWire recording interface (24-bit/44.1 kHz and 48 kHz)
- Scene store and recall
- Settings can be copied among channels and buses and saved as user presets
- Software bundle for Mac® and Windows® includes: PreSonus Studio One Artist™ digital audio workstation, PreSonus Capture™ live-recording software
- MIDI Control Mode