The Uno is self-powered and can be conveniently attached to your computer's USB port, without the need for tools or computer disassembly. There's no need for additional cables the Uno comes with integral USB and MIDI cables as part of it's sturdy construction.
The Uno provides one MIDI input port and one MIDI output port, with each MIDI port supporting 16 MIDI channels. MIDI is the acronym for Musical Instrument Digital Interface, and is the protocol used when MIDI keyboards and devices (devices that record and playback the MIDI information, such as computer or hardware sequencers) communicate with each other.
On a PC: You must be running Windows 98, or higher, to properly use the Uno. Also, either your motherboard must support USB . If it does not, you will need to install a PCI-to-USB host adapter to provide the USB ports. It is possible for a motherboard to support USB and yet not have the physical port connectors installed. A simple USB back panel extender can be purchased at a computer supply store and easily installed to provide USB port connectors.
On an Apple Computer: Your computer must support USB and have physical ports present. Standard iMac's or G3/G4's with USB ports are adequate
- 1-in 1-out MIDI Interface (16x16 MIDI channels)
- High-speed connection to USB-equipped PC or Apple computers
- MIDI-activity indicators for each port
- Self-powered -- requires no external power supply
- Comes with 6' USB cable
- Includes OMS drivers for Mac OS 8.6
- Windows 98 compatible -- true Plug-and-Play installation requires no IRQ, I/O Address or DMA channel setup
- Extremely compact size
- Lifetime Warranty
- PC: Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME
- Macintosh: MacOS 9 or later, OMS 2.3.7 or OMS 2.3.8